Thursday, March 31, 2016

- Easter isn't always roses and tulips :( -

What what?! 
Whoa! What a difference a year makes! :) More pics of Harper and E.B. right on ova' here...

Easter weekend 2016 threw us a curveball!  The Wednesday [4 days] before, Harper got sent home from daycare "vomiting"... Though she only vomited that once, she did have fevers and lethargy and general not-well-ness for the rest of the day Wednesday and all day Thursday. She luckily bounced back to normal on Friday; and just when I thought all was well in the world, I started feeling achey and sleepy and efffffffword. Oh please Lawd, don't do this to our family AGAIN!  But! We pushed on through Saturday and doped up on Tylenol to make it through Easter Vigil Mass [barely, though; Harper was not interested in sitting down and facing forward for more than a few seconds at a time and this was a 2-hour Mass so! You can just imagine how much fun fun funnnn we had trying to restrain a wild and vocal one-year-old during our [[previously declared]] very FAVORITE Mass of the entire liturgical year.  Within the first few readings, she ate ALL the Cheerios and yogurt melts that I packed and also spotted her sippy cup of milk in the diaper bag and chugged that down as well. She was finished perusing her stack of books and cuddling her baby doll before the lights even flicked on in the church. She missed all the baptisms because, after three kicking/screaming squabbles and two thrown and lost-to-the-abyss-of-the-church-floor pacifiers -- damn things can bounceeee -- Brian and Harper retreated to the couches of the basement where the animal was free to roam and roar. Though all unusual circumstances considered -- 7-9pm time slot, recovering from virus, doesn't enjoy being forced to sit in one place for any length of time, made to wear a silky dress, the list of excuses is getting absurd so I will leave it at that -- I upgraded her report card from a C+ to a B- and considered it only a minimal parenting failure that we even exerted the effort to attend Easter Vigil.]. LONGEST PARENTHESIS/SIDE-NOTE EVER. I digress with a photo:
[^^The darkest, most depressing Easter outfits ever. Clearly I focused all my attention on planning the baby's holiday wardrobe and didn't realize until it was too late that Brian and I would have to either wear something ridiculous or go naked. We chose to wear something ridiculous. But watch out: pink fluffy dress and purple tie is already on the radar for next year.]

Meanwhile, while 4:00 in the A to the M of Easter morning is traditionally coined as resurrection time for our sweet Lord, 4am in the Fleming house also brought on some vomiting with a vengeance for this momma right hurrrr. Instead of rising with my Jesus I definitely felt a little more like a hint of death warmed over on Good Friday. Curse you, flu plague.  I will shout loud expletives in your name until the day I die.  But anyway......... While I was on my death bed all day, Brian took Harper to Easter at his uncle's where she supposedly got a new crockpot from Grandpa and Grandma and begged a variety of foods from the table [girl has an appetite if I've ever seen one!]. Not sure what all else went on at the family festivities, but Brian did send one [only ONE!!!] picture update of the entire day: 
And that successfully concludes the documentation of our Easter 2016. #worstpostever #whydoesanyoneevenreadthisblog #ihavenoidea

Harper's Easter egg hunt and basket opening still pending..... Maybe we'll get on that next weekend. 

In surely more exciting news, check out Easter 2015... If I recall correctly, it was much less dramatic.  ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.