Tuesday, March 22, 2016

- Smash dat cake rull good! -

About a week before the birthday party, I had this genius idea to do a little dress rehearsal for Harper's smash cake. I can throw together a pan of brownies or whip up a crock pot dump cake every now and then, but the more advanced "Betty Crocker"-type baking is far from my forte and I'm not the least bit ashamed to acknowledge that I have colossal room for growth in the kitchen + housewife-ing arena. However! However, I had been perusing Pinterest cake boards for weeks and gathering ideas and making notes and...I mean come on, how hard could it be to bake/ice/decorate a little kid's smash cake? 

Well, actually...

...It's freakin' hard. 

I'm so glad I did the trial run, because I quickly swallowed my pride as I realized that the so-called "smash cake" actually looked more like a pink pile of cow sh*t and I could never show off a delicacy of that caliber of creativity in front of our entire family.  But!  With that being said, in this family [of three at least,] we never judge a book by its cover...  So I decided to give the guest of honor the last word: 
...And [shockingly!] as you can see, she liked it!  She liked it a lotttt.  Thanks for boosting my confidence back up, Harper! You've always been Momma's biggest fan! ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.