Wednesday, March 30, 2016

- Twen-tah sevin -

Hello, birthday.  

I used to think my 21st [golden] birthday was the end-all-be-all of birthdays; but turns out each year keeps getting better and better and better.

And I'm not mad about that.

:) 

First things first: Baby Daddy arranged a babysitter and took me out on a super nice dinner date at our friend's restaurant on The Hill... [We hate going here. Not spoiled with good service and appetizers and wine and dessert or anything.] But seriously, thank you Dionna for everything!!! It was so lovely and so nice to be out and have a drink and adult conversation and a night for just the two of us! [And in retrospect.......I think she gave us a similar slice of delicious cake when we went here for my bee-day 3 years ago...!] 
And then on my REAL birthday [two days later], my work family spoiled me to pieces with cards and lunch and lots of "extra" sentiment throughout the day [though actually they are pretty sweet all the time, but I was impressed nonetheless].  One of my favorite patients [you know who you are!] brought this white chocolate raspberry bundt cake thing from a bakery nearby that was so delectable I thought I was biting into a piece of heaven. I know exaggeration is sort of my BFF and at times I get mildly wound up, but I'm not even lying ----- this cake was like oh em geeeee omg. 
When I got home from work, my parents were waiting there to take us out to dinner...and ice cream...which was awesome. And then Harper's like, "Hey yo, Mom, happy birthday! ...Let's just celebrate your special day by playing on the floor and NOT taking a photo together." ...She's never interested in being seen with me these days.  I can't blame her. 

And that's all, folks! I'm still waiting for my birthday gift from Brian [he keeps asking me what I want? I can't help it that I'm low maintenance and don't make ridiculous requests! ;)] ...But I'm thinking about requesting something like this... Whatcha think??? :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.