Friday, November 22, 2013

- B&A: Guest Bedroom #2 -

This may or may not be my favorite room in the house................

...Ok, it totally is.

Project: Goodbye House, Hello Home!
~ Guest Bedroom #2 ~



~~~~~



Paint colors:


A few details I love: 
  • EVERY DETAIL. Obviously. This is basically our "old bedroom" at the apartment with a few new special twists.  I loved it then, but I love it even more now. 
  • Black + white + purple color combo.  Be proud: here is displayed a minor diversion of my dark and twisty decorating tastes! But 75% of the room is dark purple and/or black, which is probably why I'm attracted to it. #laughoutloud
  • Reused furniture/decor. Did you notice that alllll the furniture in here is IKEA stuff that we had in the apartment?  Bed and nightstand and dresser and comforter and purple rug and purple vases and white sticks and white globe lights ALL reused. A few pieces we added: a vase of purple flowers from our wedding and word pillows on the bed.  Reusable stuff totally floats my boat.
  • The clock [in the collage]. My dad loves to hate on this clock because "it doesn't match the decor" but I disagree and I love it!  So there it hangs.  One night when we were in the bedroom hanging up the frames, Brian was mysteriously messing around with the clock dials. 
    • Bridget: What are you doing?!
    • Brian:  Just setting the clock...
    • Bridget:  But I took out the batteries.
    • Bridget: .....
    • Bridget:  And I don't want it to tick, because when guests are sleeping in here it will be right over their head and it will be really loud and annoying.
    • Brian:  I know, I'm just setting it permanently to our wedding time! 
    • Bridget: #socute #lovehim


Posting the progress:




We have had a handful of guests sleep in here so far and are ready for more!  Come visit us anytime!! :)

Goodbye house, hello home!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.