Here we go... Finally! I've been sitting on these pictures for months now, so here is numero uno of a million-o posts of our house before and after the remodeling!
Project: Goodbye House, Hello Home!
~ Master Bedroom ~
~~~~~

A few details I love:
- Mirror over the bed. I am a freak for admitting this, but I bought this mirror before I was even engaged or married knowing that some day I would design a master bedroom AROUND IT. And that just happened. So boom. I bought it 50% off at Hobby Lobby at least five years ago, and I recently saw the exact same mirror there! [Good to know they don't change their stock for decades..... But if you love it, this is great news: so you just go right ahead and buy yourself one, too!]
- Lamp on the nightstand. I am getting freakier by the second: I bought this lamp on final clearance at Pier 1 a few weeks after I bought the mirror planning to "fit it in somewhere." The wheels are always turning...
- Dark walls. Last March, I walked out of Home Depot with my chest out and nose in the air boisterously waving all the paint chips I chose for the house. Brian non-arguingly agreed to all the colors, but my dad [who is a much classier and more experienced decorator/color schemer/painter than I] just nodded his head and tried to disguise a little chuckle. Apparently having dark walls makes already small rooms look even smaller, which was not ok. My dad kindly revisited the paint department and helped me choose
new colors. ...No, not really new colors. The SAME colors...just like three shades lighter. I did decide to paint the wall behind the bed with the original dark brown, and I'm pretty much obsessed with the two-toned look. Not to add emphasis to the bed or anything, buuuuut you know. We ARE newlyweds after all. ;)
- Dark furniture. Are you noticing a trend here? I hope it's not a sign of being all dark and twisty, but I am attracted to everything being dark dark dark. I searched forever and ever and never found the bedroom furniture I had in mind, so I was juuuust about to settle for something mediocre when I walked into Kettle River and found the set of my dreams! A+. You have my heart, Kettle River.
- Ceiling light. I hate the look of ceiling fans...even though they are practical. But I still hate them. We found this light at A&D in Litchfield after looking all over. I originally wanted a dangly sexy sparkly little chandelier, but the ceilings are low and the room is small and this midget light definitely does the trick! [Oh, and there are a bunch of little can lights all over, too. Brian has them on a dimmer switch which he loves to titrate up and down and refer to as "mood lighting"... The best benefit is actually being able to have the lights on a teeny tiny bit to get ready if one of us is sleeping and the other is awake. You know, because Brian is unfortunately married to a night shifter who does a lot of daytime sleeping!]
- Tree. Brian cut this down for me in the timber behind our house! Doesn't it look awesome? ...Joking. A steal from Old Time Pottery. Greenery adds just the right amount of charm and beauty [old classy decorating tip I learned from my momma!].
- Circle rugs. Resurrected from my college days. Can't even remember where I got them. But they are just the perfect amount of fuzz and fluff to step out of bed onto. Our hardwood is da bomb, but it is a liiittle chilly in the morning. Or maybe my tootsies are just tender.
- Curtains. They're Eclipse blackouts [which I literally do not survive without], but they're gold and shimmery and look like kickass expensive ritzy curtains. I stole them from Kohl's [50% off + my 30% off coupon which = 80% off, which is basically a steal]. In the apartment, I used to have some thick plasticky hard ones that looked like they were attacked and beaten with an ugly stick; but those have since been retired and gold and gorgeous to the rescue.
I think that is all for now...
Goodbye house, hello home!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.