Postpartum, where:
a) Brian changed his first major blown-out poo diaper, and
b) Brian froze his @$$ off for two days and nights because "postpartum hormones" be no joke, and
c) lots and lots and LOTS of visitors came to meet our new little addition!
I packed a heating pad to use on postpartum in case my broken rib was jabbed even farther through my back after delivery [long explanation for another day, but damn, just realized I left that part out of the birth story!], but Brian QUICKLY claimed that pad and clung to it for warmth. I'm pretty sure it was only unplugged for about 30 minutes total during our entire stay. Hah. Men and their retarded, even-keeled hormones.
Daddy and Harper win the awards for the most hours of sleep in this family! ;)
Just hours after delivery: Harper meets her paternal grandparentals! Grandpa Ron with grandchild numba six! (This is girl #5...poor cousin Murphy was hoping she'd be a boy!)
Aunt Lisa and cousin Chrissy...
...and Sarah's super sweet Baby Blake! He had some lucky eyes for the newest lady leprechaun on the block! :-*
Dr. Kathleen...
Amanda and Courtney [more nurses!]...
Chaplain [forgot her name...eek] who brought us Holy Communion on Sunday [also forgot about going downstairs to Sunday Mass...double eek]...
Eileen and Grandma Resa and Grandpa Mark...
Katie and Eileen [last of the NURSES!!]...
I know there were more peeps who came bearing gifts, but we missed photos of a few of you! [*Ahem* Aunt Stephanie!!!] ;)
Moral of the story: my sleep count was up to about 10 hours over a 5 day span by the time we got discharged, BUT Harper loved the crazy visitor train and all her sweet snuggles!!
...Only one more post coming, I promise...







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.