There's a little traditionnnn we started when we got married called "decorating for Christmas on Black Friday"...
...and I broke it rull good this year.
Say wha'? That's right, I hate shopping and crowds and so why even bother with something that involves shopping AND crowds together?
Who knows.
But...
...BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING this year for the first time ever! Goin' big cuz we ain't goin' home...
...and doing the full-fledged decorating on Saturday! Harper was an awesome helper this year!...and I broke it rull good this year.
Say wha'? That's right, I hate shopping and crowds and so why even bother with something that involves shopping AND crowds together?
Who knows.
But...
...BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING this year for the first time ever! Goin' big cuz we ain't goin' home...
Mom
and I hit the road at 6am [after a McDonald's coffee stop] ...and then
the sun rose and the rest of the day was history! It seemed like the
perfect time to be at the stores because all the super early bird
crazy peeps were already gone, but all the others who wanted to Black
Friday shop -- just "not as seriously" -- were still at home in bed!
All the rest I'm gonna say about the day is that a) I only have a couple
more Christmas gifts to buy (!!!) and b) I saved $390 at Kohl's
so...well...we'll just leave it at that! ;) :)
After
the all-day shopping extravaganza, I was wayyyyy too sleepy to decorate
the house. We settled for putting up the tree and then taking a family
nap...
The first year for some outside decor!
And of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without the nativity scene...
...though
I foresee a little problem this year since Harper only wants all the
figurines taken out of the stable and face down on the table... And she
thinks "Bee-bee Cheeeech" [AKA Baby Jesus] should sleep on the angel's
perch. Last year, I failed miserably at teaching the Christmas Story, so my efforts are in full force for 2016. Dontcha worry.
The house is soooo beautiful in all its Christmas glory...!
********************
Annnnnnd then I'll just throw down a couple of deese old classics:
It's [fo sho] the most wonderful time of the year! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.