Saturday, January 2, 2016

- Goodbye, Christmas... -

We took the tree and all the Christmas decor down today.  *sniff sniff*  Usually by the time New Year's Day rolls around, I'm sooo ready to pack everything back up and get my house back in order by sweeping all the glitter and magic away until next year; but today, I have to say I was sad to see it all go.  I guess it took a little longer to get in the Christmas spirit with 60-70 degree temps all December...plus Thanksgiving was later than normal this year and cut into the Christmas season...  But mainly I think I'm sad because motherhood has turned me into a sick sap and this year was just so much more special than all the rest.  It's true what they say:  the holidays are so much more magical with a child! <3

But anyway! Jumping off the box of my boo-hooing sob story...  The blog cannot move on without archiving a few favorite new decorations/ornaments we adorned the tree with in 2015! 
Harper's handiwork... :) 
Pic on the right: an ornament from one of our patients! I will think of her fondly every year when I hang this ornament.
Pic on the left:  Hallmark Keepsake from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa.  And pic on the right: more of Harper's Christmas crafting! 

My parents have all kinds of things on their tree that my brother and I proudly made throughout the years, and now that I'm starting a family of my own I realize how special that is! Can't wait to watch our tree grow and grow with gaudy homemade ornaments! 

Christmas 2015, you will go down in the memory books as the best holiday ever! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.