Just checking in from RSV Quarantine Camp to let y'all know we're still alive! Our pediatrician strongly recommended us to lay low this week and stay away from family gatherings and New Year's Eve parties [yeah lady, try telling my husband he has to miss his cousin's NYE bash and stay home alone all day with a sick toddler while I work a 12-hour shift tomorrow... #not]. ...Although we put that argument on the back burner for now and then my boss gave me an extra vacation day this week [#happyholidayz] and so actually it's been a very lazy feelin', movie watchin', pajama wearin', all-day snugglin' type of week around here.....and I can't say I'm super upset about being on complete house arrest for a few days... ;) :)
^^ ...but it's really gonna be a post-Christmas miracle if I don't catch this virus before it's all said and done. Breathing one inch from the breath of death all night err' night for a few weeks on end isn't exactly the smartest thing I've ever thunk up; but move one muscle out of line, and the bebe immediately wakes up and moans, "Mommmmaaaa!" in this super pitiful, hoarse little voice and.......my throbbing momma heart just can't refuse. [<-- Was that whole paragraph really just one sentence?!]
In other news, Harper got a prescription for these "breathing treatments" -- AKA, the pediatrician's cool way of describing an inhaler connected to a pediatric mask and chamber -- that we're supposed to administer every 4-6 hours until she hasn't coughed for THREE FULL DAYS. Ha...ha...ha......slow laugh..... I almost fell out of my chair when I got this instruction combined with the prediction that her cough would last "approximately" 6-8 weeks. And as we assumed, she hates the inhaler and thinks the mask + chamber combo is some sort of old medieval torture technique instead of a modern-day evidence-based medicinal practice that will make her feel allllll better real soon. Come on bro, it's only two puffs. Please just play nice and do it. I digress.
We ordered Chinese last night because the fridge is running critically low but no one really wants to get dressed and run in town to the grocery store sooo ...why not order out?... and Harper's fortune was:
I stay absolutely clear of horoscopes and fortunes and all other weird satanic readings/cards/sh*t, but I wouldn't mind -- just this once! -- if this worthless little piece of paper actually held some truth... *side smile/grin*
Anyway, that's enough rambling from me... I really do see slow, steady improvement and think we'll be up and running sooner than later! I hope you all have a great weekend bursting with exciting plans and adventures; after all, you only have 30 more hours to make 2016 count!!! :-*
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.