Sunday, January 1, 2017

- Resolutionzzz for the record book -

A little bit ago, I was driving into town to get some groceries and got stuck at the world's longest stoplight right next to this old junker car with a smashed in driver door and bashed out back window.  When I drive sans husband, Jesus music is my jam and the radio station is allllmost always set to 99.1 -- "Joy FM" [when Dear Husband rides along, we rock out to 93.7 -- "The Bull," or 92.3 -- "Some Other Unnamed Hillbilly/Redneck Wannabe Station"].  

So anywayssss.....  My dad is a State Farm agent and we more or less grew up helping him survey all sorts of damages, so of course I glanced over to assess this wadded up car for a hot second and immediately noticed that the driver was continuously muttering some words.  I'm sort of nosy by nature, so I quickly pretended to look forward again while secretly still staring at her out of the side of my sunglasses [my 27-year-old eyes and their peripheral vision is on point!] and .....you guys! ...Turns out she was singing along to the exact same Big Daddy Weave song that was playing in my car!  I stared at her for a few more verses to make sure I was taking this in correctly [because, like I said, this is the longest stoplight ever] before the light turned green and she floored the pedal and disappeared. 

[[This post already seems like a bunch of random rambling and it's simultaneously painting me as a psycho... Maybe it's only because I'm sugared up on Starbucks AND today is my first day wearing Joy EO so I'm feeling extra real, raw, and energetic; or maybe it's that I'm actually taking the cliche "New Year, New Outlook" approach to heart. But for a few milli-seconds after she drove away, I sat there frozen and dumbfounded at the simple realization that this total stranger had the same exact song playing in her car and the exact same praises for our awesome God and the exact same heart for Jesus!  This is a really big world ...and me and my desires and wants and wishes are just like a drop in the bucket.
 
I'm not much of a resolution maker considering all my prudent promises usually fall through by the second week of January, but here's to 2017:  making legit strides to be a more conscious daughter of God and more readily recognize the good in everyone! And all deese things too:

...See how good I am at setting non-measurable goals?! Hah. #winwin

But fo' real:  Happy New Year, friends!!! Set your resolutions high, because I have a feeling this is gonna be the best year yet! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.