Deck the halls and cue the jingle bells, cuz:
I'M THE WORST MOTHER IN THE HISTORY OF BAD/WORSE/WORST MOTHERS!!!
We just left the pediatrician's office a few hours ago where sweet Harper Bear swabbed positive for RSV. :( I guess brushing off two weeks of congestion + coughing up a storm at nighttime -- AKA neglect -- is what you get when your mother is a hard-hearted, knuckle-headed nurse...
Dear Lawdddy, strike me with a lightening bolt and curse me until the day I die for not making the prudent choice to be a stay at home mom [more commonly referred to in the world of legit stay at home moms as "SAHM"].........which would therefore result in my princess not being pushed out into the "real world" two days a week where she surely contracts all these deadly illnesses.Here we go again...
Every time Harper comes downs with a runny nose or boogery eye or small cough, my momma heart just shatters into a thousand pieces and I immediately consider putting in my two-weeks notice so I can be a full-time SAHM and keep Baby Bird always nestled in my wings.
...But then she gets better and bounces back full force all is swell.
[And Brian comes home from work and talks me down from the ledge right before I jump.]
It's a terribly vicious cycle, though.
And the #momguilt is sooooo real.
I should've picked up on this nas-tay virus a few weeks ago when I noticed something just wasn't quite right:
But instead we just swept it right under the rug and declared the next day a "lazy day" -- which consisted of never leaving the house or even changing out of our PJs. There was lots of elf-work and snuggling and book reading to be done, and my partner in crime seemed to be on the mend...
Mostly better?! I think so! Helping Great Grandma trim her tree! :)
All smiles! [[Picasso Claus on the right!]]
Then we suddenly yanked on the reigns because: one step forward always equals two steps back ...and a full night of hacking and coughing easily earned this beauty another pajama day with Mommy...
[[Got an Omaha Steaks delivery from Daddy's work! ^^ And 'dem curlzzz, tho!]]
On the last few pieces of candy, Harper realized the candies AND icing were edible...
...which went over reallllll well, of course. :)
And suddenly...
...here a cough, there a cough, everywhere a cough! cough!...
...and the days of December came and went and Christmas Eve Eve be officially here!!!
Weeeee!
'Tis the season [fo sho!] for sniffles and sneezes and snots [and RSV, apparently]...
...but 'tis the season, too, for family and friends and fellowship and spreading all kinds of Christmas cheer!
So!
I'll switch up the sob story gears and get off my pout-box [for now] so I can go snuggle my sick little nugget while she naps, BUT! We wheezed right on through the holidays so you betcha there's plenty more holly jolly Christmas Eve + Day posting to come!
Merry Christmas...almost!
Bye now!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.