Saturday, March 24, 2018

- 362 left... -

I think I've blogged about this before, but my old-and-getting-older-by-the-minute-mom brain can't remember for certain, so here goes again! Harper's birthday is a week before mine, and of course there's tons of hype that comes with the anticipation of her big day + throwing her party; so it's always sort of weird when all that excitement winds down and oh! Sh*t! All the sudden it's my birthday and I've barely even given it 0.3 seconds of thought.  Whatever, though; you'd assume that by the time you reach your [super] upper-twenties, no one would give a damn about adding another candle to your cake...

...but you know what they say about the word ASSUME: "it makes an ASS- out of -U and -ME!"  And that rings so true when my mom is in the mix, because #alwaysloved and #neverforgotten.  So spoiled, but proud of it:
^^ Scarlett was the first one to grant me a birthday wish/coo .....at 3:40am when she woke me up by requesting/demanding her breakfast in bed.  (  o  )(  o  )  She beat Harper to the punch by several hours, but Harper gained her points back by loudly singing/yelling, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOMMYYYY!" on repeat at the breakfast table.  We quickly finished breakfast, got dressed, and headed down to Grammy's for a lunch + play date with our faves!
This seems to be becoming a tradition, and I love it!
After an afternoon full of playing and catching up, we headed back home where Brian was cooking dinner.  Booyah!  Even with tummies full of steak + wine, we absolutely had room for a little Cold Stone treat:
Harper couldn't shovel it in fast enough, and Scarlett was like, "Meh, I'll catch some zzz's 'cause I know I'll get Mom's leftovers later." ;) :)
And .just.like.that., it was time for jammies and bedtime stories and the day was ova! Thanks [again!] to my awesome family for loving me and making my birthday extra special.  This is my last birthday before I hit the thirties [!!!]; 362 days left of my twenties and you betcha I'm gonna soak up every second and make this the very BEST year yet!!!

xoxo  :-*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.