Sunday, March 4, 2018

- The Doc is in... -

...it's time for a check-up annnnnd a BIRTHDAY PARTY!  La-tee-dahhhh, I'm gonna check your ears, check your eyes, find out how much you've grownnnnn... [I'll cut it off there, but rest assured: I could sing this song backwards while standing upside down in my sleep!]

But by the way, how is it that my little baby Harp-dog is turning THREE next week?!  I thought for sure she'd want another Minne Mouse birthday party this year, but she shocked me a few months ago when she said, "I wan a Doc McStussins birfday!" and she's stuck to her word ever since! I guess I shouldn't be surprised; she's been a little caregiver ever since she was old enough to play. My mom always thought Harper was going to grow up and work in a morgue, because when she was younger she put all her babies/animals face down on the floor and covered them with a blanket from head to toe. Now she says she wants to be "a mommy and a nurse" when she grows up [be still my heart! Although there goes all our holidays and weekends with our kids/grandkids when we're old fogies...dang nursing hours!]; but this is not at all surprising to me, either, because Harper's days literally revolve around her babies/animals and their feeding/sleeping/pooping schedules. She is constantly rocking, feeding, cuddling, and changing diapers. She has the most gentle and loving spirit mixed with her Dad's OCD, and it's truly amazing to watch her pretend play while she cares so deeply and takes care of inanimate objects so intricately...  She will be a great mommy and nurse, no doubt!

...But in the mean time, she's definitely rocking it as a mini-Doc McStuffins! :)
In summary of the clinic hours today, nothing was wrong with the snail: "Her is hell-fee!"
The dog was "hell-fee" too, but still needed a shot for some reason...
...and speaking of that, shots all around! [Not in the college context, hah.] Doc Harper loves giving shots and thinks it's the cure-all for any/all ailments!
"'Dis mermaid, her got water in her ears cuz, ummm, cuz her went under-neef 'da poooooool"...
...but no worries, Doc Harper got her ears all cleaned out while "her was in the howse-petal."
Then this elephant had a broken leg...but of course, not for long. "Him all better, Mommy! Put he over dere, cuz he all better." ;)
All the toys were good as new after their doctor visits!

Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy love you, Doc Harper!!! May you always always have a huge heart for others! :-*

[Party pics to come!]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.