Sunday, April 9, 2017

- Another year wiser... -

...and fatter and wrinklier and wittier and the list could go on and on and on but I know most of y'all know how it feels to get old and be so damn close to the top of the hill that you can start to see the grass on the other side ...........annnnd the mood of this post is already getting sour so I'll just go ahead and cut myself off right there. 

Phew.

When I peed on a stick in 2014, my finicky little type-A self did some super quick mental math and realized Baby F's due date was four days before my birthday.  I [sort of happily] succumbed to the fact that mid-March 2015 and every March going forward for forever would be a time to celebrate our newest addition; it would never be about me ever ever ever again..........
^^ Wrong.  Pink balloons and a plastic tiara all for the pretty pretty princess.  #attentionbemine

But fo' real, I must admit that I'm kind of embarrassingly pleased that my family has never gotten burnt out after Harper's blowout fiestas and there is always still plenty of birthday energy to go around [even just a week later!].  My cousin and her girls so very luckily happened to be home from Nebraska, so my mom hosted a girls' brunch for the bunch and fun was had by all!
Thanks to my favorites for coming to celebrate! Grammy, Harper, and the spoiled bert-day b*tch had a nice, long afternoon nap together after brunch^^, then back home to our house where Brian was waiting with flowers and presents and cake [oh my!]!  We couldn't figure out what happened to the cake until we saw a blue-lipped bandit running around the house.....
I know I'm a spoiled little smart@$$, but really totally truly, THANK YOU so much to the wonderful family and friends who made my day so special!  I hate getting old, but every year just keeps getting better and better; I know this year will be no exception!!! 

Cheers to 28! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.