Am I right, or am I right?! When we were kids, it snowed all winter; and we always walked uphill in subzero temps to school and uphill on the way home, too. ;) Kids these days! They'll just never understand...
But anyway, this year! Finally saw some good snow again on Christmas Eve Eve morning! Harper ran out of her bed and saw the white-coated-everything out the window and was sooooo excited! "Mommaaaa, wook! Dere's 'no errywhereeee!" We got her sled out that juuuust conveniently arrived on the doorstep from Amazon Prime [#winning] and took it for a little test-ride at Grammy and Papa's house:
Surprisingly, she wasn't a huge fan, although she hung in there for a single loop around the property before retreating back inside to the heat and Papa Ron's train:
Next, switching off the holiday gears to celebrate Van the Man's first birthday party! Happy birthday, little dude!!! He had lots of helpers when the cake and presents came out...
...and then on to gift exchanging with the other Grammy and Papa...
...and Braggin' Rights game/gifts with ANOTHER Grammy and Papa!
Whew! Day 1 of Christmas weekend was jam-packed and that was juuuuuust the beginning!
More snow on Christmas Eve morning...
...plus some cookie baking for Santa...
...before trotting off to 4:15pm Christmas Eve Mass at our parish! Fr. Jeff was NOT joking the weekend before when he said it was infamously coined "the zoo Mass!" We got there fifteen minutes early [of course we were shooting for an even earlier arrival, but we're chronically late for Mass on the ordinary weekend and so ...why again did I even get my hopes up that this would be any different?] and there was not a single seat to be found. The chapel was already opened and filled, and the standing-room-only people lined the perimeter of the church...some areas 2-3 people deep! Brian and I looked at each other with wide eyes, because 1) how would we contain/entertain Harper and 2) 38 weeks pregnant with heels on what? We barged our way back into a corner where I planned to kick off my shoes to prevent going into labor during Mass [aligning myself with the Virgin Mary on Christmas Eve, having to labor/deliver in a subpar corner because no other room at the Inn...it was all starting to fall into place in my mind] riiiiight when this really nice man [AKA the Christmas angel] came up to us and said, "We have room for three!" I almost cried! Hormonal who? We squeezed in their pew/sat on their laps and made it through the service without an issue. [And a circle of claps for #thesympathyvote...the only good thing about looking like I'm already three weeks overdue!] Anyway, Mass was absolutely AMAZING! We will definitely go back to the 4:15pm next year, just need to show up a lot sooner. So happy we have this parish and faith family!!!
On to great grandma's house for some Christmas Eve dinner and festivities...

...and then home to wait patiently for Santa! Harper fell asleep in the car on the way home and Brian transferred to her bed flawlessly, so #winning in the Santa department.
...Until she was stirring, then HOLY CHRISTMAS!
So so excited about Santa and her new toys, especiallllly the trampoline he built for her in the basement!
On to Brian's family's on Christmas Day, where there was no shortage of food or gifts...
Annnnd done! Phew!!! But hold the phone: was
it just me, or was Christmas weekend CRAZIER than ever this year?!? Maybe it's
because it fell on a weekend or something, but I felt like we were just
going.going.going.going constantly; and before I even knew what happened
it was December 26 and alllll behind us and I was a whipped whale that
could hardly move a muscle out of our recliner. I don't know... But exhausted or not, nesting is so real and we had to immediately clean up every crevice of the house and take down the decorations because...












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.