Sunday, July 19, 2015

- Harper's Nursery! -

I know you will be sooooo elated to read ALL about our prepping of "guest bedroom #1"...

...here!...

...and here!

When we first moved into this house, Harper's nursery guest bedroom #1 looked like this: 
And after the remodel but before an offspring was on the radar [but kind of on the radar?], the finished guest bedroom looked like this: 
[I shalt not beat a dead horse even deader; in the rare chance that anyone is actually interested, the entire B&A: Guest Bedroom #1 post is over here!]

I've known since like 7th grade that I wanted a unisex nursery so I could use it for each new baby without having to repaint/redecorate.  Additionally, yellow and gray has always been one of my favorite color schemes; so as we were initially decorating the house, I decided to put the hammer down and get right on it!  Hello gray walls and yellow accents! We absolutely painted/decorated this room knowing it would morph into a nursery someday...

And then that "someday" eventually came along, and I put Brian to work again! 

New light...
...new furniture...
...and new baby decor!  I've been taking sewing lessons from my mom, and she graciously helped me make some pillows for the crib [well let's be honest: she actually did most of the sewing because I didn't want them to look janky/jacked...]! 
We also made a garland banner of teal-patterned material + gray burlap.  It hangs proudly over the changing table! 
[Baby Harper was along for the crafting adventures, too! 34w2d and 35w in these photos!] 
When the crib + dresser arrived and the crafting was finished, I called the troops together to help assemble the room! Goodbye guest bedroom #1, hello NURSERY!  My dad helped nail up the collage as Brian hung some shelving.  And while the men slaved away, my saint of a mother washed our first load of BABY LAUNDRY!  We didn't have many clothes yet for our unknown gendered fetus, but I wanted a few sheets, blankets, and changing pad covers ready to go. 
Oh, what was *I* doing while everyone else was slaving away?  Standing, pointing, directing, and bossing the masses. 35w4d rendered me waaaay too ginormous to move/bend over/exert effort.....

Fast forward a couple months annnnnd...

...it's a Baby Harper! She loved laying in her big girl crib as we hung photos and put the FINAL touches on everything! 


Thanks Brian, Mom, and Dad for making Harper's room JUST PERFECT!  I love it so much, and so does she!!! :-* 

[Another post with finished photos coming ASAP!]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.