ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITING. BABY SLEEPING. RING OUR DOORBELL AND I WILL SLIT YOUR WRISTS AND ALSO VIOLENTLY AMPUTATE THE FINGER YOU USED TO PUSH THAT BUTTON. ALSO, BEWARE OF DOG [[THAT WE DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE]]. LEAVE PACKAGE AND RUN; I DONT WANT TO DETACH BABY FROM BOOB TO SIGN YOUR DAMN DELIVERY SLIP. VIOLATORS OF THIS DOORSTEP WILL BE PROSECUTED AND CASTRATED. OH, AND FINALLY: KEEP THE CHANGE, YOU FILTHY ANIMAL.^^ Or something to that effect, at least, because I literally cannot STAND the AT&T woman trying to convince me at 8:47am why her TV package is better than the one I already have OR the roofing replacement man reporting during my nap time that, after his un-requested assessment of our roof, one of the shingles miiiight be a candidate for free replacement. Go away right now and eat your boogers as you go. End rant.]
Omg, where was I going with that side note?! Oh yeah. I was sayingggg that I legitimately have the "sleeping baby" excuse now, so I think it's a good time to post summa 'dat signage. Because on rainy days like today [and with no solicitors!!!], the PJs are cozy and the snuggles are so sweet and
Besidessss the session of morning bliss: the flowers got a free watering, the car got a free washing, and........Baby Bear got her first experience of being caught in the rain!
Why 'da bay-bee in 'da rain?
Because.
I work again the next two nights, and I normally try to cook several meals the day before I work [or at LEAST have the fridge fully stocked with groceries] so the three of us have enough food for dinners + leftovers for lunches.
Why does that matter?
Well, because.
Despite enjoying our peaceful, dark, solicitor-free home, we had to go grocery shopping today... And by the time we filled the cart and checked out, another round of Hurricane Bill was on the horizon. Hey-ooo, torrential downpour! Along with 20 other customers and their kids, we waited in the little cart room at Schnucks for 10 minutes. Then finally, we decided to make a dash for the car. Harper was all for making the dash, but then she heard a little thunder boom and:
"This sopping wet situation just rained on my pretty parade, momma!" But 3.5 secs after pulling out of the parking lot, she was snoozin' in the back seat, SOOO... Enn-bee-dee, I guess.
So now we're home and clothed in fresh, dry garments. Little Bear quickly retreated back to nap land [girl loves her sleep!], which I supposeeee gives me some time to continue the random rambling and recap our weekend!
Thursday night, I put the finishing touches on Harper's nursery! Most of it has been done for months now, but I finally made the last couple canvases and nailed them up to polish off the collage. I love this room and these colors!!! And if you thought you'd get off the hook easily with one measly 'ole picture...............muahahah nope. Never. Many many more pics PLUS a "before and after"post coming soon eventually!
Brian had the day off work Friday [reason being: "official holiday," even though the OFFICIAL holiday was on Saturday bahah]. We celebrated being Americans at his parents' annual 4th of July party..........
Harper was not allowed to enjoy the [amazing!!! Good job, Fleming brothers!] firework show, because her Mom would like her ears/hearing to be intact and functioning beyond age 4 months... #protectthoseears #godonlygaveyoutwo #!!! Luckily, she was one tired little fiya-cracker and napped in the house during the show! [Pic on the right: we watched some more fireworks on Saturday night, and again Harper wasn't allowed outside... We viewed through the car window to escape mosquitos + noise. Oh, and she's nakey because holyyyyy blowout. After witnessing the event, my bro said we should probably just throw that outfit away because no way it's ever coming clean...........] 

Annnnd some family play time!
Harper hearts both of her grandpas!!!
Sunday morning was Murphy's baptism! [...Conveniently, he was scheduled to be dunked at the same time of Harper's ritualistic morning nap, SO! Fun fun for all involved, as I'm so sure you can onlyyyy imagine.]
Such a good boy! Welcome to God's family, Murphy Udell!
^^ Found these two in the church's cry room after the baptism. Zonked, dude!
Welp..............
The storm blew over and the husband's home and the coffee cup is drained and the baby's waking up and the pizza delivery man just rang the doorbell, soooo basically all my hopes and dreams of extending the morning's bliss/quiet/peace into this evening are now shattered.
*sigh*
Until the next rainy day..........................exxes and ohhs.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.