Tuesday, April 15, 2014

- Spring sprang-ded...and we need some HELP -

Spring is spranging at this house!!  #aprilshowersbringaprilflowers! <--- Which is queer, because I always thought the old motto went like: April showers bring May flowers. But whatev.

I am thrilled that some surprise random flowers are shooting up! ...Minus a little less than thrilled over the fun fact that only a few clumps are left standing because Brian thought they were "weeds" [weeds with blossoms?] and plucked half of them out of the mulch already...SO.

Anyway.



While we're swimming in the pool of spring and flower-ness, I mostlyyyyy am writing this post as a desperate plea for help beCAUSE we need to get in gear with a landscaping plan.  Stat. Rightnow. ASAP. Brian finished the landscaping wall late last fall [beating a dead horse even deader with pictures of that here, here, and here], and at that time we decided it would be best to leave the area covered in mulch for the winter and plant trees/flowers/bushes in the spring..... And now it's spring.  And everyone else's plants are blossoming. And we're the only house in the subdivision who has a landscaping area flourishing with...dirt.  And and and.  

Where do we begin???  Real-life ecology/botany isn't quite my thing and the world wide web's "starting pointers" are overwhelming for my pea-brain, so suggestions from friends like YOU would be suuuuper duper appreciated!  

Oh, and added into the night shift/daytime sleeping habits + a tiny bit of overall laziness, I am guessing I won't have the greenest of green thumbz so would maybe prefer plants that don't require multiple/daily doses of water/fertilizing treatments?! 

Thoughts? 

Ideas? 

Or is it already too late to plant?

Are we doomed?! :/

Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.