Tuesday, April 8, 2014

- Worthy Is The Lamb -

I always HATED practicing for piano lessons.  I started them at the beginning of second grade [because back then you had to wait until you could read to start taking lessons and...I think my brain growth was stunted or something because now kids learn how to read in preschool but...enn-bee-dee] and every day my mom set the oven timer in the kitchen for TWENTY MINUTES. That seemed like an eternity to sit there and plunk out a page full of black twisted up notes, and I remember wishing on the daily that the piano would just learn how to play itself. [Although looking back, those twenty minutes were probably more of an eternity sensation for my mom and any other poor soul who was stuck in the house listening to the garbled up clunkity-clunk-clunking.  And on total tangent thought, she also suffered through countless hours of my saxophone practicing -- so at least we can smile and be happy that a) the piano was guaranteed to be in tune and b) the piano never emitted any sort of high-pitched squawking.]

Wow that was an intense paragraph and all I really wanted you to know was that I hated piano lessons...

...But now I LOVE that my parents forced me to take them!!! 

Because life rocks when you're a master of eighty-eight black and whites.

*nose up*

*left shoulder brush brush*

*right shoulder brush brush*

Jay-kay.

But not really. 

Almost 20 years of piano playing is securely fastened under my belt now, and it feels good to be able to sit down anytime and pound out a little emotion and make some music in the process. ;) 

Oh, and my mom obvi set that 20-minute timer every day because my grandma set that 20-minute timer for her about 30 years ago and so.......

Check out our latest homemade video:  

"Worthy Is The Lamb" 

Four hands, two hearts, one love for Jesus! 




[Try this link if the video doesn't play.]


Happy Lent/Easter 2014 from my sweet momma [the 20-minute timer setter] and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.