A little work...
...and then a lot of pleasure!
Brian had a work conference "work conference" in San Diego Monday-Thursday. [And I'm talking like TOUGH work.] When his working days of blood, sweat, and tears finished up, I hopped a plane to Cali and we had a little post-conference mini-vaca of our own.
So fun!
Can I move to Cali and live there forever?
The first two days were overcast and a little too chilly for the beach, so we hoofed ourselves around the city and did some exploring. We toured the U.S.S. Midway and stopped by the Kissing Statue. [Note blue shirt Asian dude looking up sailor's wife's skirt for photo op. ...You're cool.]
We spent Friday night at the Strip Club grilling our own food! [...Like New York strips, not naked women. ...Yet observe naked women paintings in background all over the restaurant. Gross.]
A fun day on Mission Beach! Still too cold for our bones to be in bikinis, but we had fun walking the shore line, watching a beach volleyball tournament, and touching our toes in the sand. We had lunch at the Wave House next to this enormously ginormous man-made wave that amateur surfers were attempting to conquer. #bustin@$$allday #freeentertainment
Our hotel was in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter. We were immersed in some of the city's buzzing night life with shops and restaurants and bars [and we especially loved viewing a 5-cop, 5 cop car, 1 cop motorcycle, 1 ambulance, and 1 fire truck assisted arrest right before our eyes. City thug life much?].
My very favorite day was our last day: warm and sunny and PERFECT for the beach! [At least I thought it was perfect pre-4th degree sunburn...] We hopped a cab across the bridge to Coronado Beach and had the best.day.ever. Did I mention I want to move to Cali???
Hasta luego, San Diego! We will miss you dearly. Until next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.