Every once in a blue moon [actually really regularly] I wake up in a super motivated hideously impulsive mood. This type of mood is further enhanced by coffee drinking and is perfect for cleaning out closets and throwing old things away, shopping and buying lots of things that I would not normally buy, and, well, making rash decisions to chop off my entire head of thick thick hair.
So at 9:00am [last Thursday], I woke up in one of these rash rampant ridiculous moods.
And at 2:00pm, I went to my hair appointment.
And unsurprisingly on the road, I [maybe illegally] could not stop noticing how my FB newsfeed was full of people with cute cute cute fresh short summer haircuts.
I want oneeeee tooooooo.
Feeling impulsive.
Gonna chop it.
...
Chopped it.
Goodbye long knotty dreads and beloved curly locks!
It feels so much better and lighter and healthier. But okayyyy, it's not that short or drastic and I think I need to go back for even more off.....
ASAP.
Observe some other [shorter] haircuts I've had in the past and my comments/critiques of them:
[Note: weird abnormal stuff happens to everyone in college, so we will not make a mention of mullets and/or massive weight gains. Note #2: Brian is not present in these photos because we were still strangers through all of my college-life crises. For this I am forever thankful.]
Ok, so...
1: WORST HAIRCUT EVER. EVER. EVER... A proud product of Great Clips @ SLU, but we will not discuss why I had to run there in a panic for this so-called emergency fix. [But yes, the "fix" did turn out much worse than the original catastrophe. Bad sad day. Still scarred.]
2: Hair still recovering from bad original chop/horrific Great Clips "fix." No. Never ever this short again. Ever.
3: One of my fave lengths!
4: Wanna do it again!
5: Nursing school mugshot. Super thinned and easy peasy to manage! Would so go for this again riiiight about now.
6: Too shawt...? Afro?
7: Love! ...But barely long enough for a ponytail [and definitely not long enough for one w/out 6+ bobby pins]. And ponytails are essentially essential these days... So me don't know.
8: Meh.
9: Long enough! Easy enough! Kinda wanna do it again enough!
Snip snip, chop chop...I need advice stat. Thoughts???
Other week highlights:
-- Three work days up and three work days down!
-- Headed to Chicago for a long weekend with my long-lost college besties!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.