...But I was juuuuuust reminiscing/comparing for a hot second, because for literally three weeks before Father's Day, the girls and I spent our days hand-picking special cards ...and taking and printing pictures to glue in said cards ...and cutting vinyl with the Cricut ...and painting with brushes and our hands ...and HOLY crafting basicallllly 24/7 all for the dads/papas in our lives! Every single day, Harper said, "Mommmmmy, is it Fah'ver's Day yet?!" with her head cocked to the side and eyebrows raised and lips pursed. She always had the most anticipatory look on her sweet little face, which is when I decided to officially deem Father's Day as "Christmas 2.0." [Admit it, it's appropriate.] The second Brian walked in the door in the evenings, she would run to me and say, "Mommy! Where did you put 'dat ting we made today wif our hands on it so I can show Daddy?" Yessssss. Definitely Christmas 2.0.
She was also dead set on buying Brian a hot and steamy [sort of inappropriate, too] wife-to-husband card, but alas I coaxed her into the daughters-to-daddy section and she found a cute one with two baby bears wearing princess crowns that she liked almost as well. Phew.
All [bitter] joking aside, I am truly in awe of the love and patience that Brian has for these girls, and I was almostttt as excited as Harper was for Father's Day to arrive and for him to open his gifts! It takes a real man to live with three attention-seeking women ;) :), but Brian does that perfectly and flawlessly day in and day out!
[^^ Swooning over these beautiful pieces of artwork that came home from the daycare... I cherish these little handmade things sooooo much -- probably more than Brian does hah! -- and literally almost cried when I saw the gifts in their daycare bags. Harper was so proud of the things she made and again could hardly wait for Fah-ver's Day to arrive!]
Annnnnnd drumroll... Harper popped out of bed at 6:48am on the holiday of all holidays to give her daddy a hug and then begin the large task of transporting all her homemade gifts for him to open in bed!
Happy Father's Day, babe! We are blessed by you and hope you enjoyed your special day! :-* :-*




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.