Sunday, May 14, 2017

- Ah-ah-ah-ah-ahhhhh, laaay-yewwww-yah! -

^^ Just a mini-clip of the good ole' [annual] Easter Sunday morning trumpet-blaring treasure that I could sing word-for-word in my sleep:  Jesus Christ is RISEN TODAY!

Womp wompppp.

Who wants to drone on and on about Easter when it's one [plus] month past?!

I do! I do! I dooooo.

[Laughably late. Just my style.]

I was super close to sweeping this year's pictures and videos under the rug and trying for more timely luck next year, but then I clicked through the iPhoto album again and ahhh! So much sweetness.  MUST DOCUMENT. And today at Mass, I remembered it's still "the fifth Sunday of EASTER," so I guess I'm not all that far behind...

But I mean, it really is so crazy that April has come and gone, isn't it?  I feel like it should still be snowy December or something.  In four pics, I can sum up Ash Wednesday through Good Friday [aka Lent!] twentah-seventeen:
Harper was genuinely concerned with my "Rorschach meets Load Toner" ^^ as demonstrated by her continual broken-record type chanting of, "Momma. Boo-boooo! Owww-ch!"
...And then there's that awkward moment when your mom tries to be inspirational/devout and you're just a hangry Debbie Downer. Sigh. ...Just go ahead and tack this year's lax Lent onto my eons of accrued purgatory time and we'll call it a wrap.

Enough about Lent; we are an Easter people, and Alleluia is our song!!!  All the excitement in the world for coloring eggs...
...but not a lot of excitement for the good ole' Bunny. :/  [She loved him last year AND the year before that!]

Harper went to her first Easter egg hunt this year at the Knights of Columbus Hall...




...and then it finally it was EASTER MORNING! 
She was rull happy with her loot:
Egg! Egggggg! More egg!


On to Mass [she does enjoy life despite the long face in all our photos]...
...then all the family celebrations!
When we made it back home for the night, Harper tested out her new gardening tools and watering pot. We're gonna have the best lookin', most hyrated plants in the subdivision this year! ;) :)
For days weeks after the Easter Sunday madness, Harper reveled in her basket full of eggs and all her new trinkets from the Bunny!  Get real, Momma: what toddler would go for bean soup when there are jelly beans in reach?!

Happy [fives weeks belated] Easter, sweet friends and family!!! He is Risen just as He said! :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.