Saturday, May 13, 2017

- Calling All Mothers: A Glance at Essential Oils! -

Several of you have mentioned casually or seriously that you may be interested in essential oils, but the one common hold-up for almost everyone is this: "It's just too overwhelming and there is so much to learn; I don't know how to get started!" Booyah baby, I know exactly how you feel! I was in your shoes a year ago, totally interested in dipping a toe in for the sake of my family's health and wellness but lost in the deep dark hole/abyss of where to turn and what to do [and therefore nervous to officially bite the bullet as a result]. But! With a push of encouragement from some other oily friends and a few great online support groups and books, we've learned a TON! Our family has been happier and healthier and we ain't never EVER go' turn back now! #oilsforthewin

With Easter behind us and Mother's Day coming riiiiight up, roll call is here and I'm calling ALL MOTHERS! Whether you have a madre, are a mommy or mommy-to-be, know a mom, or just have that special someone in your life who has always been your mother figure, let's yell it from the rooftops: our society absolutely cherishes mothers and all they do on a day-to-day basis! Let's celebrate that!!! In honor of all you mamas that literallllly make the world go 'round, I'm hosting an online class to highlight motherhood through my eyes and also to share a few Young Living products and secrets that quite literally help me keep this household running from dawn to dusk!


**********


Here are a list of the recipes that are coming in case you want to scroll back down later and find something you liked:
01. Rise and Shine
02. Lash Blast
03. Happy Nose
04. Poop Potion
05. Pick Me Up
06. Laundry Lovin'
07. Makeup Remover Pads
08. Sleepy Baby
09. Wind Down
10. Getting started with Young Living

**********

01. Rise and shiiiiine! <--- This phrase took on a totally new meaning when we welcomed Little Miss into our family two years ago.  We've basically obliterated the words "sleeping in" from our vocabularies, because ...what does that even mean again? Gone are the lazy Saturday mornings; and if you're anything like me, you probablyyyy need a little morning buzz to make life happen. To the rescue: a full cup of coffee and a little miracle bottle called En-R-Gee!

{How do you use it?}  Roll En-R-Gee on your wrists for mental alertness, focus, stimulation, and well, just some straight up energy!

{ALSO}  While I'm still trying to peel open my lids, I'm a big fan of diffusing 2 drops Thieves and 2 drops Lemon in the kitchen every morning to give us a little immune support/fresh air/detox/energy!

**********

02. Putcho' hands in the air if you're a morning person......! [[I envy you!]] The coffee is brewin' and the oils are diffusin', buttttt the day has demands and life ain't gonna slow down just because momma's a sloth.  The next step of my morning routine involves throwing on some clothes [usually yesterday's wardrobe is the top contender if we're being rull honest here] and slapping on some makeup.  I generally don't spend as much time getting ready as I did pre-child [mostly because the longer the makeup application takes = the more time my 2-year-old has to be quietly dipping her babies in the guest bathroom toilet and using our hand towels to dry them off from their "baths".........I digress].  A lot of steps can be cut out for time saving's sake, but one thing that I never neglect are my lashes!  I may not be winning beauty pageants here, but at least this easy, effortless little secret makes me look a little more pulled together and a little less homeless:

{How do you make it?} Mix 1 drop Lavender and 1 drop Cedarwood into a new mascara tube and voila! The Lavender is also helps prevent bacteria growth on the wand. *blink blink* *wink wink*

**********

03. As soon as we're fed and dressed, I make a strong attempt to divert the party outdoors. .....But not without first applying the Happy Nose roller for some seasonal support!  BEST TODDLER ROLLER EVER!!!  ...Pollen ain't got nothin' on us. ;) I literally don't know what I did before this concoction came into my life [...oh yes I do, we wasted lots of time and money for pediatrician office visits and over-the-counter medications...humph]. I love the way this roller supports optimal nasal and respiratory function.  Annnnd don't let the "toddler roller" comment fool you; I definitely use this on myself, too.  Do I need to say more?

{How do you make it?} Mix 2 drops Purification, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Lemon, and 2 drops Peppermint into a 10mL glass roller bottle. Fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil.

**********

04. ...Because everybody poops...and poop stinks!!! Brittney taught me this little trick when I first got my Premium Starter Kit, and I have to say, the diaper pail is way smellier when I forget to add the some Purification! This oil neutralizes odors [and it neutralizes them quite well, IMHO].

{How do you use it?}  Apply 1 drop Purification to a cotton ball and toss in the bottom of diaper pail.  You can also use Purification directly in stinky shoes or on a cotton ball in your car vents.  ...Basically, if you have anything stale-smelling, Purification should/will be your BFF.

{ALSO} I haven't tried this, but I have a recipe in my stash that says to fill a spray bottle 1/4 of the way with witch hazel, add 10 drops of Purification, and fill the rest of the way with purified water.  Spray around trash cans, diapers, stinky shoes, laundry, and in toilet water [before you go!].  I might be trying this potion soon!

**********

05. The afternoon slump hits...and ohhh the temptation to lay down and take a 2-hour nap next to my toddler is SO REAL! But laundry! Dishes! Blogging! Coveted alone time! And my one-cup-a-day coffee quota is long gone, so what now?  I've always hated lemon water [and at restaurants I specifically order "water with NO LEMON!"], but I can manage to chug this baby down after learning about the energy it gives and the way it flushes out your body!  Fun fact:  It takes 75 lemons to make a 15mL bottle of Lemon! [And unrelated to drinking lemon water but SO VERY IMPORTANT in my opinion is that Lemon EO can also be used to remove sticky residue from stickers and/or to remove crayon and pen marks from walls or other surfaces!] <--- #winnerwinnerchickendinner ...If you never get addicted to anything else, you at least need some Lemon in your life ASAP.

{How do you use it?}  Mix 1 drop Lemon with a full glass of water.  Be sure to use a glass cup, as Lemon will break down the toxins in plastic! Chug, baby! Dig that detox!

**********

06. I've always loved doing laundry [there's something about neatly/perfectly folding and putting away clean, fresh clothes that totally tickles my type-A personality], but I love it even more now that I have a little friend named Lavender!  I purged our house of dryer sheets several years ago which was totally empowering, and well, the rest is history. ;) :) But! Wool dryer balls are totally the bee's knees and I will preach their awesomeness until the day I die. When I took the dive into essential oils last year, I was immediately addicted to adding Lavender to the mix! 

[PS - side note - Did you know dryer sheets are full of chemicals and toxins that infiltrate the clothes we wear...which in turn get on our skin and into our bodies?!  Some of the toxins include: alpha-terpineol, benzyl alcohol, camphor, chloroform, ethyl acetate, linalool, pentane, annnnd the list goes on. Several of them are carcinogenic and their chemicals cause side effects like headaches, nausea, dizziness, and can lead to some central nervous system disorders. Get 'dat sh*t outta my house!]
[PSS - another side note - Did you know wool dryer balls have zero toxins, cut dryer time due to their high absorbency, help with static, and can smell like whatever beautiful oil you want them to?  They generally last for about 1000 loads of laundry, so that is $$$ savings in an of itself. I've had mine for 4+ years and they're still goin' strong. I LOVE WOOLY BALLS!!! .....I know you want to love them, too.]

^^ ...Not convinced yet? Just Google "wool dryer balls vs. dryer sheets" and you'll be a convert in no time.  :)

{How do you use it?} Apply 1 drop Lavender to wool dryer ball and launder on!  I've also used Lemongrass and Purification on my wool dryer balls in the past, but Lavender is my fave!

**********

07. Evening time comes, and it's time to negate the whole 30 seconds of effort I put on my eyelids/lashes earlier in the day.  This one's self explanatory so I won't bore you with my long-winded-ness [but let me just say this definitely beats the ole' Olay pads I used for years and years]. 

{How do you make it?}  Mix 4 drops Lavender with 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil, 1 tablespoon witch hazel, and 2 tablespoons water.  Apply to cotton rounds to remove makeup.

**********

08. Because how can Momma [and Daddaa] sleep if the baby won't sleep? No worries here; we have the best little sleeper on the block! Maybe it's just some God-granted good luck or maybeeeee these oils actually work, but either way, I'm not throwing in the towel on a routine that yields results!

{How do you make it?} Mix 2 drops Frankincense and 2 drops Lavender into a 10mL glass roller bottle. Fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil.  Roll on baby's feet for Zzzz's!

**********

09. And lastly but very not leastly, can I get a HALLLLELUJAH?! Can I get an AMEN?  The sun sets and the day is [almost] done and it's time to wind down.  Stress Away helps reduce nervous tension and induce relaxation so that normal sleep patterns can be maintained.  Yes, please!!! ....Even toddlers wanna grab this one! ;)

{How do you use it?} A couple ways!  Diffuse 2 drops Stress Away AND/OR rub Stress Away directly on wrists, neck, chest, or feet. And just feel your stress melt awayyy!  If diffusing, I usually also mix in 2 drops of Peppermint or Lavender for aroma's sake.

{ALSO}  When it's time to hit the sack, we love to diffuse 2 drops Lavender and 2 drops Cedarwood overnight in our bedroom! Anddddd goodnight, world!  See ya' in the morn!

**********

10.  A bonus post: can we just take 49 more seconds to talk about Young Living's essential oils as a whole?!  Essential oil is the "lifeblood" of a plant because the oil protects the plant from disease, provides nutrients, and helps to repel insects; EO's are so super complex as each contains hundreds or thousands of different chemical compounds. They can be found in the plant's flower, stem, leaves, bark, or fruit.  EO's were man's first medicine and have been used to bring health and healing to the body since the Biblical days. [What what?!] It makes sense though, right? Because God gave us this beautiful earth ...not JUST to gaze upon the trees and the flowers and marvel over their beauty...but also to use them for health and food and healing and sustenance for our bodies!  When you buy a Young Living product, you are guaranteed the most pure, therapeutic grade products on the market. Young Living cultivates their seeds, plants them on their own farms, weeds by hand, harvests, distills on site, and packages in house.  If a crop has a bad year, that oil will not be produced.  BASICALLY:  they don't compromise quality just to get the product out there, because they want only the best to arrive at your doorstep. <--- That is their "Seed to Seal" guarantee, which is why Young Living is the best in the west [and north, south, and east, too]!!!

SO! To celebrate all this awesomeness, this weekend only [that means today, tomorrow, and Sunday ONLY!], if you buy a Premium Starter Kit, you'll also get a 15mL bottle of Cedarwood from me! Especially since I mentioned Cedarwood in a few of the posts above, I want you to have it for your recipes, too!

[[Hold the phone: what is this "Premium Starter Kit" I keep talking about?]]

The Premium Starter Kit is your new best friend if you're ready to get started on your oily journey. It includes 11 of Young Living's favorite everyday oils, a beautiful diffuser [which uses ultrasonic technology to disperse millions of tiny EO particles into the air; it's like a special medical-grade humidifier made specifically for EO's!], sample packets of a few oils to share with friends, samples of Ningxia Red, literature and a Resource Guide, information about the Seed to Seal promise, AND access to the highly coveted Happy Oiler Wellness Group which is full of recipes and tips and tricks to get you jumpstarted! (All of this values at nearly $350!)  The oils included in the Premium Starter Kit are:
- Panaway
- Purification
- Lavender
- Lemon
- Stress Away
- Peppermint
- Thieves
- Frankincense
- Digize
- Copaiba
- RC


Shoot me a text if you're ready to take the plunge and never look back! Ohhh, and get this -- if you make the dive this month, Young Living will send you a 15mL bottle of Tangerine, too! These little bottles are about to rock your world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.