Saturday, September 25, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXVII -

While looking me up and down after a shower [as I'm 35w pregnant]:
"Mom, you are really skinny...but your belly is HUGE!"


While narrowing down baby names to the final two choices:
Scarlett:  "Well GUYS, 'da problem isssssss:  I don't yike [like] 'dat name!!!"
Harper:  "Well Scarlett, the real problem is:  we don't even know if the baby is a girl or a boy and we just need one name for each that we like.  And maybe we can just decide when the baby comes home what we should name it."


Randomly:
"I hope I have 8 kids!  ...Or maybe 3 kids."



While watching a car drive past our front window at 8:55pm on a school night:
"Who on EARTH would be driving right now???"


Randomly:
"I wish viruses couldn't be real and they were just in fairy tales." 


Randomly [as I'm 37w pregnant]:
Harper:  "So anyway, when you go to the hospital, how do they sew your vagina back together?"
Me:  .....



While watching Juliette nurse:
Harper:  "So why can't God make babies be able to drink out of bottles instead of boobs?"
Me:  "Well they can drink out of both, but it's easier for Mommy to feed her this way instead of pumping the milk and then washing a bottle..."
Harper:  "Well, I like holding her better than watching other people hold her.  So probably you should use the pump."


The next day, while watching Juliette nurse again:
Harper:  "OH MY GOSH, it's like she's biting your whole nipple off!"
Me:  "Yeah..."
Harper:  "Has Juliette ever been feeded by another baby's mommy?"
Me:  "No."
Harper:  "Well what would she think if she was?"
Scarlett:  "WELL HAWPIE, you are just gonna have to ask her when she's olda [older]!"

 

 

 

While discussing the new Children's Stewardship program from our church:
Me:  "So every weekend, we'll take one of these envelopes and put some money in it and you can walk it up to the front and put it in the collection basket."
Harper:  "Well I am NOT doing that, because I need to save my money for other things, not take it to church to pay for God."
Me:  .....


As Juliette is screaming her head off during Friday night movie night:
"Well THIS is sure distracting to have a baby in the house..."


While looking at her color-changing mood bracelet shortly after a scratching/screaming fight with Scarlett:
Harper:  "MY BRACELET IS PURPLE, SO I'M HAPPY."
Brian:  .....



While holding Juliette:
"You look like you aren't even alive because you're sooooo little!"


While on a walk through the nature trails in town:
"Why is this place so animal-y?"



Midway through a game of Jenga on the living room rug:
Harper:  "Well this is nice you can sit on the ground now and get up easily, Mom!"
Me:  .....


While snuggling Juliette:
Me:  "So what do you like the best about Juliette?"
Harper:  "Ummm.....just how she loves me!"

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.