Monday, September 20, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXVI -

Randomly:
Scarlett:  "Hey Seer-wee [Siri]..."
Siri:  "Yes, go on?"
Scarlett:  "Do you have a boyfwiend?"
Siri:  "I've been told my artificial intelligence standard is too high."
Scarlett:  .....


Randomly to Harper:
"I yike yo' hair!  You are a cute-cute-cutie pie!"



While standing next to our bed at 3:00 am:
Scarlett:  "Daddy, I can't sweep [sleep]."
Brian:  "Ok, I'll go tuck you back in your bed."
Scarlett:  "Wellllll, I fink [think] I'm just gonna hop in you guys' bed, because I'm cold and I covered up my dolly wif 'da blankey, and I can't take it off or she'll be cold..."
Brian:  .....


At lunch:
Scarlett:  "Mommy, wet's [let's] talk about people dying!"
Me:  "What?"
Scarlett: "Wet's talk about people dying!  I was finking [thinking] 'dey pob-ee [probably] die because 'dey don't eat hel-fee [healthy] foods."
Me:  "Oh, yeah... It's very important to keep your body healthy because God only gives you one body and you have to take care of it!"
Scarlett:  "Yeah. But will 'da boxes outside 'dat people go in when 'dey die [caskets] be safe when it wains and 'torms [rains and storms]?"
Me:  .....

 

 

 

While narrowing down baby names to the final two choices:
Scarlett:  "Well GUYS, 'da problem isssssss:  I don't yike [like] 'dat name!!!"
Harper:  "Well Scarlett, the real problem is:  we don't even know if the baby is a girl or a boy and we just need one name for each that we like.  And maybe we can just decide when the baby comes home what we should name it."


While playing outside:
Scarlett:  "I don't yike [like] bugs!"
Me:  "Me either!"
Scarlett:  "Well act-sha-wee [actually], I DO yike 'dem, but mostly I yike to step on 'dem."



At bedtime:
Brian:  "Scarlett, get in your bed. It's time for bed!"
Scarlett:  "'Den why are you guys out of bed?"
Brian:  "Because we're adults!"
Scarlett: "No you aw'nt [aren't]."
Brian:  .....


At dinner:
Me:  "Woooooo, I'm so tired!"
Scarlett [after waking up from a 3-hour nap a few hours earlier]:  "Me too!  Soooo sweepy [sleepy].  I didn't take much of a nap today, soooooo......."



Before she and Harper went to Grammy and Papa's house for the day:
Me:  "Are you gonna miss me today while you're gone?"
Scarlett:  "Wellllllll, awe [are] you gonna miss me?"
Me:  "Yes!"  *sniff sniff*
Scarlett:  "Wellllllll, at weast [least] you still have 'da baby in your tummy 'dat you can feel moving all around..."


Randomly:
"'Dere's nuffing in here to wheely [really] do, all we can do is way [lay] on 'da couch or watch TV, and 'dat seems kinda boh-wing [boring]..."


After picking her up after the first day of Pre-K:
Me:  "What did you like the best about school today?!"
Scarlett:  "Ummmm...EVERY-TING! ...But Mommy, my 'cool [school] was soooooo wong [long]."



While calling Brian on FaceTime after school:
Brian: "How was your day, Scar?"
Scarlett:  "Well I made a TON of fwiends today."
Brian:  "Oh yeah?  That's good, buddy!"
Scarlett:  "Welllllll, act-sha-wee [actually] only THWEE fwiends."


Pretending to be her teacher:
"OKAYYY, today we awe [are] gonna teach about NOT being wude [rude], so tirst [first] wet's [let's] get some hand-ma-tizer [hand sanitizer] on!"

 

 

 

Still pretending, two hours later:
"Sooooo we awe [are] gonna weed [read] a book, soooo why don't you have a seat wight [right] 'dere or wight 'dere..."

 

Randomly:
Scarlett:  "How do puppies make new puppies?"
Me:  "Well there's a boy dog and a girl dog, and when they get together they can make new puppies."
Scarlett:  "Well Mommy, what happens 'den [then]?  How do 'dey wheely [really] make 'dem?"
Me:  .....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.