Sunday, April 25, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XVIII -

Randomly:
"And how twins come out is:  one comes out of the mommy's tummy, and then the other!  And then when they get out they look just alike.  I'm thinking there are going to be twins in our family!"


Sprinting upstairs with her camera:
"Look at this adorable picture I just took of Scarlett!  So now we can remember when she was a baby and smiling!"



After leaving Grammy and Papa's house:
"Mommy, did you know that when Daddy was a little boy, he used to live with Brantsy.....and Gar-Gar.....and Laura.....and Grammy Ann watched ALL those kids every day?!"


During bedtime prayers:
"Dear God, please give me another baby that comes out of my mommy's tummy!"


After school:
Me:  "How did P.E. go today?"
Harper:  "Great! We played a game and there was a little stand and you put a little white ball on there and then you got a bat and tried to hit the ball off and then you ran to the orange cone and tried not to get tagged out!"

 


 

Before dinner one evening:
"Mommy, can I have some of that drink from the beer can?  Grammy said it's called 'Sprite!'"


After bedtime prayers one evening:
Harper:  "Mom, do you know what Guardian Angels are?"
Me:  "No, not really... What are they?"
Harper:  "Well, they have no body or anything, but you can hear them like a little voice in your heart because they're God's helpers and they're always here watching out for us." 


As Scarlett was melting down over an unfair distribution of Hatchimals:
"Scarlett!  You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!"



While playing school in the living room:
"Scarlett!  Criss cross applesauce, we don't play with our shoes during class!"


While driving to church:
Harper:  "Did you know you can pierce your belly button?  Like, you can make a hole and put a ring in your belly???!"
Me:  "Oh, really?  Where'd you see that?"
Harper:  "Oh, I saw someone in public like that."
Me:  "Where?"
Harper:  "Ummmmm, I forgot."


While going through her backpack after school:
Me:  "Harper, this artwork looks great!  You're really good at painting."
Harper:  "Yeah, yeahhh. I'm really good at everything I do!"



On Valentine's Day as Brian was cooking a steak dinner in the kitchen:
"You guys need to turn on some music and dance and kiss each other!"


While singing along to REO Speedwagon:
Me:  "And I'm gonna keeeeeep on lovin' youuuuu..."
Harper:  "Well, you can just keep on lovin' Daddy."

 



Randomly:
"I think we should get security cameras so we can see what Scarlett's up to when no one's around!"


While pulling into the gas station in town:
Brian:  "Harper, in a few years you'll be able to get out and pump gas for us!"
Harper:  "Ohhhh, no way!  If you sign me up for that, I'm getting married!"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.