Sunday, April 11, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XVII-

I've loved jotting down pages and pages of Harper-isms and sharing them here on the blog over the last several years, and it recently dawned on me that it's juuuust about time for an inaugural post of SCARLETT-ISMS!!!  So ahem...here they are!  Scarlett Clare, we love how your little brain gears are constantly turning and your mind is alllllways thinking [and your mouth is usually yakking]; you keep us on our toes and have us smiling all at the same time.  Thank you for being you! :-*

 

**********

 

While playing in the garage:
Scarlett:  "Daddy, woo [you] need a new tuck [truck]!"
Brian:  "Why, what's wrong with this one?"
Scarlett:  "Has wust [rust]."
Brian:  "Oh. Well, I'm not trying to impress any women, Scar... I already got one that's a 10/10!"
Scarlett:  "Oh."



Running over with a scrap of scribbled-on paper during a bout of my morning sickness:
"Mommy!  I made 'dis for woo [you] so woo can feel soooo much bedd-uh [better]!"


At bedtime:
"Goodnight, Mommy.  I see woo [you] in 'da morning when we wake up to hang out da-getha [together]!"



Five minutes later at same said ^^ bedtime:
"Mommy, in 'da morning will 'da weh-duh [weather] be hot or cold?  Be-cuh [because] I don't know if it will be hot o' cold o' winta [winter] o' sunny, be-cuh I jus' don't know which one..."

 

On the way to Schnucks:
Scarlett:  "Mommy, I don't wanna go to jell [jail]."
Me:  "You won't go to jail!"
Scarlett:  "Welllll, I don't yike strangas [strangers] and I don't wanna go to jell wif' 'dem."
Me:  "Kids can't go to jail.  Only adults go if they do something really bad..."
Scarlett:  "Well, Daddy is a grown-up so he might go to jell if 'da po-weece [police] find him!"
Me:  .....

 


 

 Randomly:
"Daddy, what should we name our bebe?  Hmmmm..."

 

At school drop-off:
"Have good day, Hawpee [Harpie]! I wuv woo [love you]!"

 

 

 

While procrastinating bedtime:
Scarlett:  "Daddy!  What do we buck-uh [buckle] up 'da bebe wif?  Oh!  Daddy!  I have a gate [great] idea to buck-uh up 'da bebe in a bebe car-see [carseat] when we widin' [riding] in 'da cah [car].  'Den we need 'da get a high-share [highchair] for 'da bebe!  Oh!  And Daddy!  We need 'da buy some toys for 'da bebe!  Mebbe we can put 'da bebe on a sing [swing] and see if 'da bebe fall as'eep!"
Brian:  "Goodnight, Scarlett..."
Scarlett:  "Mommy, can we buy a bebe guh [girl]?"
Me:  "Well, we don't buy a baby, it just shows up..."
Scarlett:  "Oh.  Welllll Daddy!  How 'bout we just pay 'da money for 'da bebe so we can have a guh [girl]!"
Brian:  "Goodnight, Scarlett..."

 

The next morning after said ^^ conversation:
"Daddy!  We need 'da wipe 'da bebe's butt so poop not get alllll ova' us.  So we need ummmm...dia-puhs [diapers] and wipesssssh, we need a dia-puh changing pad, we need 'da go check down-tairs [downstairs] to see if we can find 'dese things!"

 

At breakfast, cont'd:
Scarlett:  "But what will 'da bebe drink?"
Brian:  "It will drink all your milk."
Scarlett:  "Oh!  Daddy! How 'bout we buy 'da bebe shocka [chocolate] milk too and 'den pour it in 'da bodda [bottle]?!  How 'bout 'da bebe dink [drink] 'dat yike [like] me!"

 

 

 

At breakfast, cont'd:
"Daddy!  We can teach 'da bebe how to wide [ride] a bike!  We can buy a bike for 'da bebe!" 

 

At breakfast, cont'd:
"Ummmm, some day 'da docta [doctor] godda cut Mommy's tummy out so we can get 'da bebe out.  But NOT 'da WHOLE tummy...  And 'da bebe will say, 'WAHHHHHHHHH!' when it comes out.  Pob-ee [probably] we will need 'da buy 'da bebe a toy.  How 'bout we buy one each for me and Hawpee [Harpie] too?"


As a large bug buzzed past her head:
"Shooooo fyyyy [fly], don't bah-duh [bother] me!"

 

 

 

On the way to school pick-up:
Scarlett:  "Why 'da sun shining in my eyes?"
Me:  "Because God gave us the sun for light, and every day he says, 'Here's the sun, it's time for a new day!'"
Scarlett:  "But Mommy, when it's bedtime, does God say, 'IT 'DA ENN [end] OF 'DA DAY, TURN OFF 'DA YITES [lights]?'"
Me:  "Yes, the sun goes down at the end of the day and the light is gone."
Scarlett:  "But why God say it 'da enn of 'da day?
Me:  "Because he knows we need rest..."
Scarlett:  "Why we need west [rest]?"
Me:  .....*needing rest*.....


Randomly:
Scarlett:  "Wait, Mommy! Is Daddy older 'an [than] me?"
Me:  "Yes."
Scarlett:  "Whatttttttt in 'a wood [world]?! Why Daddy soooo old?"

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.