Sunday, April 25, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XIX -

After seeing the Easter Bunny this year:
Scarlett:  "I don't yike 'da Easta Bunny be-cuh [because] I don't yike Easta bunnies when 'dey are hoooooooge [huge]!"
Harper:  "It's ok, Scarlett... They're only like a big human all dressed up."
Brian:  "Scarlett, you didn't like Santa Claus either!"
Scarlett:  "Yeah, be-cuh I don't yike 'dat."
Harper:  "But anyway Dad, was that Easter Bunny a boy or a girl?  And who are the Easter Bunny's parents, and what do they look like?"
Brian: .....

 

Randomly:
Scarlett:  "I fink [think] 'da bebe in your tummy is a boy OR a girl, do you fink so Mommy?"
Me:  "Yes, I hope so..."

 

Randomly a few days later:
"I have a good idea!  We can name our baby 'WEESA' [Resa]!"



After passing a wreck on the country roads:
"How do dose guys put 'dat piece [bumper] back on 'dat guh's [girl's] cah [car]?  Mebbe the po-weece [police] have some goo [glue] 'dey put it back on wif.  HOPE-A-LEE [hopefully] when we drive back dere 'da other way dere are more po-weece dere to help dose people feel bed-duh [better] and also ca-ween [clean] up 'da road!" 


Before bedtime:
Brian:  "My stomach hurts."
Scarlett:  "Well what you eat 'dat's bad?"
Brian:  "I don't know..."
Scarlett:  "Pob-ee [probably] some junk food."


In the car:
Scarlett:  "Yook [look], Mommy!  No boogas [boogers] anymo'!"
Me:  "Oh... Where'd you wipe the one you just had?"
Scarlett:  "Well, I don't see it on my hands anymo'...so...I don't know!"



One evening:
Scarlett:  "I eated too much junk food at Gama's [Grandma's] and my tummy isn't huh-tin' [hurting] yet, but I fink [think] 'dere is more room for food in my tummy be-cuh [because] I am hun-gee [hungry].
Brian:  "Ok, what do you want, Scar..."
Scarlett:  "I don't know!  Well Daddy, we have BAGELS or we have staw-berries or we have apple-sawce, I don't know what is hel-fee [healthy] and what not hel-fee!"
Brian:  "You want some strawberries?"
Scarlett:  "Welllll, I want sumpin' TOASTED..."
Brian:  "You want a bagel?"
Scarlett:  "Ummmmmm.....ok!"

 

Randomly:
"Boys are stran-gas [strangers]!  But guhs [girls] are not stran-gas."



With Grammy:
Scarlett:  "Wet's go get a Happy Meal!  Can we get one?  We shouldn't tell Mommy or Daddy be-cuh [because] 'dey will say it's not good for me."
Grammy:  "What should we say then when they asked us what we had for lunch?"
Scarlett:  ".....Jus' don't say nuffing [nothing]!"


Still with Grammy:
Grammy:  "You sing so well, Scarlett!  Do you sing those songs at church?"
Scarlett:  "No!  We don't sing.  We just wisten [listen] to Fah-duh [Fr.] Jeff talk."
Grammy:  "What does Fr. Jeff talk about?"
Scarlett:  "Well GAMA, you have been to our church before! You know what he talks 'bout!"


After dropping off Harper at school [at 7:30am]:
Scarlett:  "Can we peeeeeeeze [please] go to 'Tarbucks [Starbucks]?  I haven't been to 'Tarbucks alllll day.  Daddy didn't take me to 'Tarbucks yet today and he use-a-wee [usually] gets a big coffee and I use-a-wee get a small hot shocka-muk [hot chocolate milk]."
Me: .....



Randomly:
Grammy:  "What do you think the baby is going to be:  a boy or a girl?  What's your very best guess?"
Harper:  "A boy!"
Scarlett: "WELL HAWPIE, we don't KNOW what 'da bebe is gonna be be-cuh we already just don't know if it's a boy OR a girl."


After walking out of her bed one evening:
Scarlett:  "Mommy, I hun-gee [hungry]."
Me:  "No, Scarlett.  We're not having any more snacks tonight.  Go back to bed."
Scarlett:  "Fineeee, bossy pants!"



One afternoon:
Me:  "Daddy's going back to work in two weeks for the first time since last March!"
Harper:  "Why?!"
Scarlett:  "Be-cuhhhh Hawpie, he has 'da get his money!"
Harper:  "Oh."


Some Friday night:
Me:  "Can you bring me the remote so we can find a movie to watch?"
Scarlett:  "Ok!  You want YouTube or Hu-hu [Hulu]?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.