Saturday, September 26, 2020

- Apple Adventures -

Does it even feel like it's really September until you've been apple picking?! ...NOT IN THIS HOUSE!  Every year, we block off an afternoon for Liberty Apple Orchard, and this year's trip with our cousins did not disappoint! On the way to the orchard:
Harper:  "Well you knowwwww, we might not be able to find many good ones really, because squirrels live there and they might take a bite out of the apples you know, and then a snake would come and live in the hole that the squirrel made and make the apple rotten.  But that only happens when squirrels and snakes are there.  So that doesn't normalllllly happen.  But just so you know, we might not really be able to find any good apples."
Scarlett:  "Oh.  I don't yike [like] neeks [snakes]!"

Spoiler alert:  There were no snakes, and we found PLENTY of perfect apples!!!  We even sampled several, and it was so interesting how each variety tasted a quite a bit different [which I guess is something I didn't realllllly realize since I'm not usually sampling multiple varieties in the same sitting?!]!

On the way home, Harper talked nonstop about Johnny Appleseed and everything she's been learning about him at school.  It was so fun to get the 4-1-1 on all her new knowledge!  I have to end this post with a photo of a worksheet she colored at school...  I am so proud of her motivation to learn and all the new color and sight words that she's already mastered in the first month of kindergarten!  Go, girl!
Ahhhhhh... Apple picking, family time, beautiful weather, being back to school [and in-person at that, hallelujah!]... 
 
...FALL IS MY FAVORITE SEASON OF ALL!!! :) 
 
[PS/addendum:  Look how much the kids have grown since last time we were at Liberty!]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.