Tuesday, September 15, 2020

- Slinging Sod -

Throwback hoe-backkkkk!

[March 2020]

After raking/leveling/driving over every morsel of dirt in the yard throughout the entire month of March...

 ...we ordered up a LOT of pallets of sod...
 
[April 2020] 
 
 ...and laid each rectangle piece down one by one!
 
Harper had to attend an occasional preschool Zoom call [remote learning weeee!] from the front porch...

...but other than that, all 4 of us kept super busy!

 
Take 8,000 pounds of sod + start slinging it here/there/everywhere = WE HAD A FRONT YARD that was miraculously thrown down [literally] in 1 day [!!!]!

I requested that my co-workers meet me at the front entrance with a wheelchair the next morning at work, because I wasn't sure if I'd have the energy to even walk inside!  And while I nursed sore muscles, Brian was back at it the next day ordering more pallets for the sides of the house and back yard!  We [AKA mostly Brian with an occasional pinch of my coveted help] chipped away at the rest of the yard little by little until it was all finished!

 So thankful for our great help...

...especially my dad and Uncle Blake who came down a time or two.


 Thank youuuu, everyone!  We couldn't have done it alone!  
 
And on the seventh day, he rested MOWED!  ;) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.