Sunday, August 23, 2020

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XIV -

One evening after she went to bed and Brian and I were having a drink on the back porch:
"It's just not fair for you to be out there and not me, you little taco belly!"


After Brian asked her to turn off the TV one afternoon:
"You are ruining my whole life!" 


On the way to Schnucks:
"Scarlett, hurry and buckle in, we have to wear our seatbelts so the police don't give Mom a ticket!"



After she told me all about grasshoppers and where they live/what they eat/how they sleep:
Me:  "How did you learn that?"
Harper:  "Just from my own brain!"


As Brian was carrying a HUGE rolled up rug to the check out register at At Home:
"Look!  Daddy looks like Jesus carrying the cross!"


While on a [very short/flat] hike in the woods:
"Owww, I just tripped on something and hurted my ankle! Are we almost done yet?"




While driving to Grammy and Papa's house:
"Uncle Blake hasn't seen me for a long time, and I bet he'll see today that I growed up a little!"


Randomly:
"Sissy, you don't need a paci, it makes your front tooth crooked!"


After seeing the neighbors' tree swing:
Harper:  "Mom, can we get a swing and a hammock?"
Me:  "Well, we don't have any trees..."
Harper:  "Well, we can grow a tree with seeds..."




Randomly:
"Mommy, I'm going to be a witch for Halloween, and I want Sissy to be my wand!" 


In reference to her old beta fish [that was buried in our old landscaping approx. 3 years ago]:
"I really hope the people that bought our old house don't dig in the dirt to plant flowers and find Shark there!"


Randomly:
"I wish I lived inside your tummy when I was 5 years old so I could see what it looked like in there..."




After talking about when we think she'd get her first loose tooth:
"I'm thinking that it's kinda disgusting to be the Tooth Fairy, because all the teeth would probably turn moldy if they weren't really brushed every day and taken care of really well..."


While chatting with Grammy during dinner prep:
Grammy Resa:  "Harper, what would you do if your mommy never cooked dinner?"
Harper:  "Well, I'd just go outside and look for apple trees and stuff."


Randomly:
"Mommy and Daddy, does God control us with a remote?"

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.