Some oldies, but all goodies! Easter and COVID and remote learning and May Crowning and the beginning of summer break...and lots of things in between! I love this sweet little human and her innocent soul more than life itself! <3
**********
Randomly:
Harper: "Dad, can I have your phone for a minute? I need to talk to Siri."
Brian: "Ok..."
Harper: "Siri, when's it gonna be Easter Day? There is a virus
going around and we might not be able to have Easter. What should we
do?"
Siri: .....
While driving one afternoon:
Scarlett [pointing out the car window excitedly]: "Eeeee ba-ba [Easter Bunny]!"
Harper: "Scarlett, I think you mean to say 'RABBIT.'"
Scarlett: "Oh."
Me: "Yes, there are lots of little bunny rabbits that live in the grass; is that what you saw, Scarlett?"
Scarlett: "Yeah."
Harper: "Yeah, Scarlett, the Easter Bunny only comes at Easter but
there are lots of other rabbits. Even you can catch one and keep it as a
pet on a leash!"
Scarlett: "Oh."
During a rage:
"I feel like everyone has been mean to me for 100 years now, and you just did something that made me really mad again!"
After asking for a snack one evening after I got home from work:
"We are hungry, because we didn't eat anything for lunch; Daddy didn't feed us lunch at all today and that's why we're STARVING now!"
After my Dad came inside the house to use the restroom one day at the beginning of sheltering in:
"But it's ok if the virus is going around and Papa is juuuuust in our house to go pee and wash his hands. But I'm glad he's not walking ALL around the house, like to my bedroom or your bedroom."
As Scarlett was leaning in for a kiss on the lips:
"Yeah Scar, let's just do it on the cheek since the virus is going around."
Randomly:
Harper: "Anyway, how do you make a baby start growing in your tummy?
Me: .....
While driving around one evening to get a change of scenery:
"Mom, do we live on the moon?"
Randomly:
Harper: "Mom, when I'm a grown up, will my name still be Harper?"
Me: "Yes."
Harper: "Oh. Well it's kind of a silly name for a grown-up."
While coloring a picture of Mary for the May Crowning:
Me: "And if you were at school on May 1, you would all take flowers to the statue outside the school."
Harper: "But Mom, would 'THE REAL' Mary be at school on that day, is the question..."
Me: "No, she lives in Heaven now with Jesus."
Harper: "Ok, can you just type in some 'Mary videos' on YouTube then so I can watch them and see her?"
...and while watching videos of Mary:
Harper: "Well before these videos, I already knew what she looks like."
Me: "How?"
Harper: "Because I have a smart brain! She has a blue dress with a white cape and another blue cape on her head. Can Mary see us from Heaven, is the question..."
Me: "Yes. She lives there with God and Jesus."
Harper: "Ok. Does Mary ever take a shower, is the next question..."
Me: .....
While tidying up the living room:
Me: "GROSS! Whose dried up booger is this on the couch?!"
Harper: "Scarlett's."
Me: "How do you know?"
Harper: "Well, all I can say is that I don't do that anymore since you told me not to that one time. And Scarlett probably learned how to do it after that."
While eating breakfast:
"Look, Dad, I'm unrolling my cinnamon roll like toilet paper!"
On the way to her teacher's house to drop off a Teacher Appreciation Day gift:
Me: "I hope Ms. Leah likes what we made for her!"
Harper: "She will like it, I already know. She always loves everything I make her in class."
While watching Cinderella for the first time:
"I'm reallllly glad I'm not Cinderella so I don't have to clean every single day!"







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.