Tuesday, August 18, 2020

- COVID Diaries: Weeks Who Frickin' Knows -

Every day I'm up in hurr, up in hurr like:

Fo' rizzly rizzle, 2020 is gonna be one for the history books.  THESE ARE INSANE TIMES!  If it isn't this, then it's that; and if I wasn't watching the world continue spinning with my very own eyes, I would legit be wondering if it got knocked out of its orbit and was bouncing off to a black abyss in outer space.  Bleh!!!  Amidst the continued chaos here/there/everywhere, we've managed to thrive inside our "social distanced bubble" [of sorts] and are still finding the biggest joys in the smallest things.  School is in full swing now [!!!], and looking back at these photos today makes me really treasure the simple quality time we had as a family this summer! 

While Brian worked remotely from the basement, the kids and I spent a few days just chilling in the common space of the subdivision...

...and also riding scooters on the nature trails in town!  When we head here, H&S always want to take a Walmart bag to collect leaves and sticks and acorns and "things" -- all VERY prized possessions, you know!
Also, BIG NEWS ALERT:  Scarlett finally graduated from her paci [cut off cold turkey by her mean parents, no less!], and I can't believe how much older and cuter she looks without it! It was a rough few days/nights, but soooo worth it -- especially because she's making great strides with her speech + her front teeth are growing together better! Go, Sissy!
While the parks and museums and restaurants and everything else remained closed, we did lots of fort building...

...and baking...

...and learning/reading...

 ...and science experimenting...

...and swimming... 

...and masking...

...AND RELAXING!!!

Chaos or calm, these days are certainly worth treasuring. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.