Friday, April 17, 2020

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XI -

Just found a little iPhone note full of Harper's quotes!  Pot of gold on a rainy day! 

**********

While driving through town one night:
"Owww!  That truck just shined his lights RIGHT in my eyes!  That wasn't too nice!"


While watching me do the dishes after dinner:
Harper:  "Mommy, can you come play hide and seek?"
Me:  "Well, hold on.  I have to clean up, we can't just --"
Harper:  "--jack around in this dirty ole' house?"




At the Disney resort last December, after watching a bird swoop in and swipe a bread crust off someone's plate:
Harper:  "What will happen if birds peck us while we're eating our ham-boogers?"
Me:  "Well, it will just hurt our skin a little, I guess..."
Harper:  ".....So we won't die or anything?"
Me:  "No....."
Harper:  "Oh!"


While driving around looking at Christmas decor [also last December]:
"Wow, they have sooo much blow ups!"


At Disney on Ice:
"Does Moana ever see Ariel in the pool?"




Also at Disney on Ice, as Elsa and Anna are furiously skating around in a snow storm:
"Do you think Anna knows all that snow is just coming out of that machine up there on the ceiling?"



After smashing a spider on the wall:
Harper:  "I'm the one that gets spiders ALL the time because I'm brave, but you needa' get brave and get them too, Mommy.  They won't even come alive anymore after you smash them!  They're dead forever!"
Me:  *still scared*


After observing our waitress at a restaurant:
"I like how you make people's orders!"




After taking a drink of hot chocolate fresh off the stove:
Me:  "Oh, be careful, babe!  It's super hot, and I don't want you to burn your mouth!"
Harper:  "It's ok, it only burned my teeth...  Sissy, you're too little for hot chocolate, because it can burn your teeth!" 



While driving home one evening:
Harper:  "There's the moon following us!  Think we can get a moon sometime?"
Me:  "How would we get a moon?"
Harper:  "Jump high!  Or get a ladder!"




After strolling out of bed for the third time with her seventh excuse to get up:
Harper:  "The reason I comed out here is because I'm 'firsty." 
Me:  "No, Harper.  Go back to bed."
Harper:  "Well if you don't give me a drink, I'll cry for a hundred nights!"


While examining a pregnant goat at the petting zoo:
"I think that one's gonna have two babies come out of its tummy because it has two nipples!"



After "babysitting" Scarlett for ten minutes while I took a shower:
"Having a baby is SOOO much work!!!"




After polishing off her Valentine's Day candy stash:
Me:  "Where's all the M&Ms?"
Harper:  "I think they're hiding or something?"


After Scarlett laid down for a nap:
Me:  "Harper, do you want to take a little nap today?"
Harper:  "Ummmm, well, not really.  But thank you, Mommy, for asking!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.