Wednesday, April 22, 2020

- Bead Bracelets -

Way wayyyy back during week 2 of quarantine [was that like a year ago now?! ...Feels like it!], we busted out some letter beads to make some name bracelets for friends and family!  I'm not much of a "straight-up-schoolwork" type of mom-made-teacher, but crafting IS my forte and I absolutely love doing fun little projects like this with the kids!  Besides, learning to spell peoples' names + creating color patterns is totally age-appropriate learning for Harper, and grasping + stringing these small beads is great fine motor skill practice for Scarlett; so #win #win #WINNING for all! 

A little side story I must mention:  We ran out of "A" beads right away, boo! But without skipping a beat, Harper ingeniously pulled out all the "V" beads, turned them upside down, and colored a line through the center with a fine-tip Sharpie to transform them into coveted "A's!"  Soooo smart!  That blossoming, innovative little brain amazes me more and more every day.

Anyway, we've gotten a few photos back over the last couple of weeks from some happy recipients, so of course I wanted to share!  To our beloved friends/family:  as sheltering-in and social distancing drags on, we hope that wearing these bracelets reminds you how much we love you and miss you during these crazy times!  We can't wait to see you again!


[Thank you, Jill, for the masks!  I think you got the short end of the stick in trading all these homemade masks for a beaded bracelet, LOL!]



See you soon, sweet friends!!! 

Until then, keep sporting that fancy new jewelry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.