Many of my very favorite childhood memories involved spending time with Grandma Penny. We grew up about 5 minutes down the road from her and Grandpa's house, and she would invite us over for sleepovers on the regular. After letting us stay up late to watch TV [usually movies that she had recorded for us] and then letting us sleep in bed nuzzled between her and Grandpa, she'd sneak out of bed early the next morning and leave a wall of pillows on her side of the bed just in case we might roll out. When we finally woke up, we'd always find her in the kitchen baking strawberry muffins and cherry turnovers! I can still smell the wafting turnovers; it's funny how certain memories are so vivid!
I have so many other fond memories with her through the years, but the thing I adore the most is that the 3 GREAT grandkids are growing up knowing and cherishing her, too! We had a little cake and ice cream bash at our house to celebrate her special day...
...and even though it was my first stab at German chocolate cake/scratch icing [LOL, I know, finally growing into my housewife shoes], it turned out pretty tasty and no one seemed to complain! ;) :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Grandma! How lucky we are to be loved by you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.