"Santa comes in 'da house frew 'da fire. We need to build a fire at our new house, Daddy!"
As Scarlett was chew-gnawing on one of her baby dolls:
"'DATSSS not what you do 'da babies, Sissy. You pat 'dem, change 'dere diapers, and 'den wuv on 'dem wike 'dis..."
While pleasantly swinging on the swings at the park right next to a spawn of Satan [loudly]:
Harper: "MOMMYYY, why is 'dat boy being mean to his mommy? Mommy! Take off your gwasses and wook! See 'dat boy right 'dere wif 'da green shirt? Wook at him Mommy, why is he bein' so mean?"
Me: .....
After getting in trouble one evening:
"Mommy, youuuu are a bossy girl!"
While observing me nurse Scarlett:
"Mommy, when I get older I'm gonna have big boobies wif milk in 'da inside. But Daddy will never have milk! Boys can only drink 'dere milk from 'da fridge."
After Brian had been engrossed in his phone for a good while:
"DADDY! You can't be on your phone allllll day, it will hurt your eyes."
After Grammy answered our FaceTime call from the dentist chair:
"'Dat's weird 'dat Grammy go'ed to 'da doctor for her teef!"
...and when Grammy FaceTimed back later at a time when she could talk longer:
"Grammy, you need to brush your teef better. Next time I'm at your house, I'm gonna show you how to do 'dat."
After walking in the house, kicking off her shoes, and leaving the door wide open:
Me: "Excuse me, do we live in a barn ma'am?"
Harper: "What is a 'barn ma'am?'"
Three days later, after Brian walked out onto the deck and left the inner door cracked:
"DADDYYYYY, 'dint I tell you before 'dat we AREN'T farmers and we DON'T 'wiv in a barn?!"
Me: "Why did Daddy sleep with you allllllllll night and never come to bed with Mommy?"
Harper: "Because I was cryin' for him!"
Me: "Well I was crying for him, too..."
Harper: "...........Well, I didn't heard you?"
While packing up at the park because a storm was moving in:
"This is frusta-ratin' 'cause all 'da birds gonna get wet when 'da storm comes!"
...and while walking back to the car as it's getting darker and darker and darker:
"Mommy! HURRY! I just heared some whitening in 'da sky! All 'da birds better fly away before 'da storm comes!"
...and while getting buckled into the kids' carseats as the rain starts:
"Awwww, 'dere a wittle dog in 'da funder! Isn't he so cuteeee, Mommy?"
After seeing an orange peel on the street during our evening walk and discussing how it's against the law to throw trash outside on the ground, she sped up her bike to Brian yelling:
"DADDDDDY, come wook at 'da ground, 'dat's called 'glittering!'"
*****
...Keep on keepin' on, you glittering girl, you! Your sparkle and shine lights up our lives! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.