Tuesday, September 4, 2018

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL I -

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker of a mom and [most of] my kids' imperfections are still adorable in my eyes, but lemme tell ya': they're only little for a little while and so there's NO shame in this game! Those brain wheels are always turning and working and thinking and learning, and I never want to forget allllll the cute things they do and say as they grow! So here goes: an inaugural little #mompost to help me soak up some of life's precious but fleeting moments!  

**********

After putting all her baby dolls to sleep for the evening and turning off the bedroom lights:
"Shhhhhhhhhh, Mom and Dad! You are wakin' up 'da kids!"


Me: "I wonder why Scarlett's being so fussy today?"
Harper: "Maybe she just wants some Daddy wuvins and he's at work..."
Me: "Maybe..."
Harper: "It's OKAYYYYYYY, Mom... Sometimes 'dat just happens, alright?"



While FaceTiming her Uncle Garett the night before he had his wisdom teeth pulled:
"Uncle Ger-Gar, can we come over da-morrow and bring you some snacks after all your teeth falled out?"


After she woke up one morning to find Scarlett chewing on her prized [toy] cell phone:
"Scaritt, gimme 'dat! Nobody will be cawin' you!"


Randomly:
"Mommy, I'm gonna shave off ALLLL my wegs da-day!"


Me: "Here's your headband you were looking for."
Harper [in a high-pitched, sweetsy voice]: "OHHHH! Sank you, my love! Now can you go get my sparkle shoes?"


As we're leaving the park and I'm walking a few feet behind her noticing 10-ish mosquito bites on her legs:
"We better get home 'fore Sissy gets a 'skeeto bite!"


Me: "I wish we could do something to help Scarlett stop coughing..."
Harper: "Maybe we can sing a song 'da she! How 'bout 'My Big Brother John?'"


...later that day, as Scarlett is actively coughing up a lung:
"Awwww, Sis, are you not feelin' really well hun?"


Harper [while playing with Play-Doh]: "I almost just pissed off here!"
Me: "What dd you say?"
Harper: "I almost pissed off 'cause I dropped 'dis roller on 'da floor..." :|


Me: "I wish Sissy liked her sweet potatoes..."
Harper: "Maybe it's 'cause she's a wittle bit wittle still a wittle bit maybe. Maybe 'dat's why she won't eat 'dem, Mommy."


As Scarlett was drooling all over her toy:
"My GOODnesssssss, punkin' boo! You are a bucket drool!"


Brian: "Harper, do you want some cherries?"
Harper: "Yes! But Daddy, we don't eat 'da nut inside, ok?"


After Scarlett's routine well baby visit with severallll immunizations [and as she's still screaming her head off]:
"Scaritt! You gotta be a wittle bit more patient wif 'da doctor!"


While doing a puzzle:
"Wet's put 'dis one away 'cause it's TOO dick-a-cult."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.