Thursday, August 16, 2018

- Lavender Life Hacks -

{Re-posting from my Facebook page for the sake of being able to find/share this info again!}


**********


I burnt my middle finger on the grill while making dinner tonight, and after a few applications of lavender totally took the sting/pain away from the bubbled-up blister, I thought I'd give a little series of shoutouts to this bottle I/we literalllllly can't live without! 

And so! A gift from me to you: 5 days of our favorite ways! 

Lavender life hack #1:  Goodbyeeee, burns! Oven/grill/exhaust pipe burns (I can attest to the first two, Brian to the third!) ...sunburns ...even razor burns! We use a drop of lavender right on the burn for a small area or diluted with a quarter-sized glob of coconut oil for a larger area (like a full body sunburn, which my pale-@$$ is sadly accustomed to). Sweet relief be ours! 


**********


Lavender life hack #2:  It's the prime ingredient in my favorite zzzzzz mix! We diffuse 2 drops lavender + 1 drop cedarwood overnight (make that EVERY night in Harper's bedroom!) for some extra restful sleep. Sweet dreams!  

**********


Lavender life hack #3:  Keep the lavender + cedarwood combo going strong by adding one drop of each to a new tube of mascara. Your lashes will thank you... Mine sure do! As Harper says, "Mommy, can you put some of 'dat oil makeup on my boot-iful eye-washes too?!" 

**********


Lavender life hack #4:  Juuuuust made it home from a 12-hour shift on L&D and contractions! babies! triage! hearttones! running my butt off here! there! and everywhere! Legit three seconds away from kicking off my Danskos and massaging a drop of lavender into the soles of my feet; it's wayyy better than a relaxing bath in my book. What's that they call this -- Sunday Funday? 

**********

Lavender life hack #5:  Lastly but very not least-ly is my fave oily hack to date...because who doesn't love a nice set of wool[y] balls topped off with a drop of lavender?! I'm talkin' 'bout LAUNDRY DAY, yo'! Toss those toxic dryer sheets and grab a set of wool dryer balls on Amazon; your health and your wallet won't argue! #win #win #winning

*********

Annnnnd that's a wrap!  I will hook you up if you're ready to getchuuu some!  #oilylife #youngliving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.