Saturday, September 2, 2017

- To expose the [literally] enormous elephant in the room... -

...I'd say it's 'bout time to publicly document the fetal journey of Baby F. numero dos!  We're 20-something weeks in now and I've been feeling human-ish again for the last several weeks; vomiting and fatigue are so yesterday and this is a notably smoother pregnancy overall than Harper's was, so [IF I was a gamblin' girl] I'd put all my money towards TEAM BOY! But we aren't finding out the gender so! Stay tuned 'til delivery day...

The "mom guilt" is already so real in the ways of: no selfies on the day I peed on a stick, no detailed documentation/photographs of the baby from poppyseed size through banana [?] size, and no coloring chalkboards to highlight all my symptoms + each tiny little milestone of pregnancy.  #whew! Less love for Baby F. #2?  Definitely not.  Second-baby syndrome?  Likely.  ...All I know is this: being a first-time mom-to-be sounds like it required a lot more energy than I have these days! ;) ;)

SO ANYWAY...

It's no secret that archiving life while feeling a breath from death for weeks on end is not my forte [and I'm not even ashamed one bit to admit that a ten-celled embryo totally dictated my life for a few hot months there], so here are the few "bump pics" that exist from "then to now"...
^^ I'm realizing most of them are pics of Harper which just may or may not happen to have the fetus lingering in the background like a little photobomber.  Baby F. numero dos does get our full attention every once in a while: 
^^ Hellooooo, little bean with organs and nerves and muscles and formed sex parts [that are still indistinguishable!]! I had a small subchorionic hemorrhage detected on the 7w ultrasound, so we got to peek again at 9w and were surprised to see a less-alien-like human flailing around his/her little arm and leg nubs!  Ahhhhhh, the beautiful miracle of life  wrapped up in all its might at 2.49cm......gets me every time!!! <3

[Missing a good chunk of weeks here because Momma be rull sick! Check our our Colorado adventure for photos during 11w - 12w!]
And then just.like.that, we pulled through to 20 weeks!!! Feeling good! good! SO GOOD! I'm not one of those glamorous and glowing pregnant mamas at allllll, so it always feels so good to hit the halfway point when I start to really feel "pregnant" and not just like I'm wilting away from an infectious intestinal parasite.

The 20w anatomy scan was this past week, and Baby F. #2 is as perfect as can be! He/she weighs 14oz and supposedly has long toes! :)
Harper is sooo excited to be a big sister, and she has a baby "growing growing growing" in her tummy, too!
We have so much love for this little dude [dare I say it?!] and can't wait to see what dynamic he/she will bring to our family!

Come on, January!!!  :-*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.