Monday, June 29, 2015

- A weekend for showers [in every sense of the term...] -

Our life as of late has been a fast-paced blur of jumping from one event to the next.  This momma's been back to 12-hour night shift slavery nursing for a couple weeks now [that was a suuuuper fast 12 weeks, no?!], and the few free minutes I have to myself every day are very groggily/wisely spent washing the bare minimum of laundry and dishes that we need to survive.  Excuses excuses excuses, but here's what it very simply comes down to:  why waste time on the blog when I don't even waste time to shower? 

Welp...

...That mentality shalt be no mo'!  [Why?  Because showers can always wait......doyyy. ;) ]  But actually: the blog is our little family's diary, and I always love love LOVE to read back!  Some day long and far away, I'll come back to see what happened in June 2015...and..........there will be nothing archived when actually LOTS of things happened.  And so, back-tracking/catch-up blogging is for another day; today, I'm starting in the here and now.  

[Harper be like: MOM, no one currrrs, get on with the show...]


Ho-kayyy, baby.

Today, we are "recovering" from a very long, fun-packed weekend at the Raymond 4th of July celebration!  My grandma has the "open-door policy" house on the corner of town that has hosted the entire family on this weekend for as long as I can remember. In between walking back to Grandma's house for food and non-porta-potty bathroom breaks and maybe even an occasional nap, we normally spend the weekend entertaining ourselves uptown at the carnival + stage events.  This year was EXTRA special, as my cousin and her husband road-tripped their brannnnnd new [1 month old today!] baby home from Minnesota to meet our crazy fam!  Saturday night after the parade, we took the babes on a stroller cruise down Main Street to experience their first gamble at Bossy Bingo.  <---What is that, you ask?! Oh, just a little small-town farm-town game where you a) buy a numbered ticket and b) stand around a gated in area where you c) watch a cow get out of a trailer and d) hope it takes a sh*t on your square so that e) you are the lucky winner of $500!!! ...Yes, this is a for real thing.  [Do you metropolitan-ites know what a cow is?  Ooooo, ok, just checking.] As crazy as it sounds, our grandma is a very frequent winner of Bossy Bingo!  Maybe it's the luck of the Irish?  Or maybeeee it's just because this weekend "the 4th be with her!"

[Harper still thinks I'm boring.  Have your toothpicks poked through your eyelids yet?  Let's talk about that new baby... Everybody loves to see pics of a baby...]

Logan, meet Harper!  I hate it that these two will grow up living so far away from each other! :(  [...And the remnants of Bossy Bingo pictured on da right!]
Besides playing Bossy Bingo, Harper also met Kylie + snuck in lotsss of snuggle time with Grandma and Great Grandma! 
Sunday was a reallyyyy rainy day; and while the men stupidly golfed through the downpour, the women more appropriately responded to the forecast by throwing Theresa and Logan a SHOWER [pun intended, hahhhh, so not even funny].  Love these little buddies in their carseats! 
Shower hostesses with their niece and great nephew! 
THESE COOKIES... Oh man.  Good thing I allot myself about 4,000 extra calories per day and brush it off like, "I'm breastfeeding, bro..." because:  hello new favorite snack. 
Shower fun all around! 
And cousins, cousins, everywhere!!  Big family events are so much fun now that we are starting to have little families of our own!  [Lotsssss of great cousins missing, but we needed a pic of the ones who made it to the shower.]
^^Note Harper's bottle that I used for smiling bait...  It's all fun and games 'til the baby cries; and man, oh MAN, did she cry!!! Not sure what the dealio was, but Harper Bear was NOT a happy camper at the shower and definitely made her presence known!  Minus a little nap on the bed and another catnap on her Great Aunt Margy's shoulder, the Bear was either eating...or crying...or crying...or crying even louder... :(  Awfulness.  I hope her cousins still want to hang out with her next time we come around!!!
Thanks to our wonderful family for a great weekend!!! We loved catching up with all of you and are especiallyyyy sad to see little Logan go! :(   

Safe travels, everyone!  Can't wait to see you again soon! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.