Friday, June 12, 2015

- Big Momma's FIRST M-Day -

Wellllllp, now that it's damn near Father's Day, I guess I should go ahead and rewind to:

May 10, 2015:  my first Mother's Day! 

I'm a mother, what what?!?!?

My thoughts on being a momma are still so humble jumbled.  Mother's Day came and went like any other normal day, but as I reminisce back on last month's memories and photos it's STILL so surreal to think that I'm a mother.  Delicate and forgiving and beautiful and joyful and trusting and tender and loving and feminine and embracing and steadfast and cultivating and and and and annnnnnd... <--- ALL qualities that I bunch up together and stuff into one fluffy little person that we traditionally call "MOM."  I don't think the fact that I'm a mother has sunk in yet, and maybe it never will; I doubt I'll ever be able to fully wrap my head around how unworthy I am of the big important fun special GIANT job God gave me to raise a beautifulllll little baby girl.  

Holy profoundness! 

Today, I decided to see if Google could help me put some words to the awesomeness of a "mother":


But nope.  Big fat fail.  [#1, yes.  #2, I'd like to always hope that's not the type of "mother" I am.............]

Whatever.

Enjoying a very special cup today while I go through pics + reminisce on my very FIRST Mother's Day!  [Yes, I made my own gift... Go ahead and judge me real good!]
M-Day 2015 started off with 10:15am Mass with my family + brunch at our house.  Pic credited to the dear [onlooking] husbands, because even on Mother's Day there is plenty of dish-washing and cooking to be done by the mommas... 
Resa's first "Grandmother's Day!"
Time to feast...
...and then open gifts! Harper made some special surprises for her grandmas.  [Ditto on the gifts for her Grandma Ann, but she was celebrating M-Day in New Orleans!]
Thennnn we enjoyed a lovely afternoon at Copper Dock Winery!  [All of us were there, but again, onlooking fathers...]  Harper loves to be outside! 
Heading home.....but not before cleaning up a suuuuper stinky explosion of the poopy sort.  Yes, it definitely takes three people to change a diaper of that caliber after an afternoon of wine chugging. :/

Happy Mother's Day to my momma and all the other beautiful mothers out there!!! You are so loved and appreciated!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.