Monday, December 29, 2014

- 20 weeks! -

Rewinding to October 28 = big day in this house...

Baby F's 20w anatomy scan! 

You know, the "BIG ULTRASOUND" where they make sure the baby has all its parts and scour it from head to toe for all anomalies and do all these intricate measurements and etc. etc. etc.

This was an anxiously awaited and semi-high-stress appointment for me especially; being a labor and delivery nurse definitely comes with its perks, but a lot of times I wish I didn't know so much!  [For example:  I had dreams for weeks before this scan that the baby had anencephaly, and I'm guessing 90% of the population doesn't even know what that is so obviouslyyy a normal person would never have those dreams.  And that's just ONE THING I've panicked about... Ignorance be bliss. Fo rizzle.]  

But the stress was short-lived.  The sonographer was fast, and as she moved on to each new body system she mumbled things like, "Mmmmhm, no cleft lip...  Ok, no gastroschisis... Kidneys are functioning and it looks like baby just emptied the bladder... No spina bifida... Limbs are normal sized... " and blah blah blah.  We invited both of our moms to the ultrasound to get a little glimpse of the nugget, and my mom told me later that she just thought this ultrasound was to see the heartbeat and measure the baby; when the sonographer started naming off all these big potential issues the baby luckily didn't have, she too was more nervous by the minute! 

BUT...

A+ for Baby F. who weighed in at a whopping 11oz!  All the measurements combined rank him/her in the 45th percentile.....which I think my wide-set child-birthin' hips can easily deal with for a few more months. ;) 

Pictures in da park to celebrate because that's how we roll:


More excited than ever to kiss those sweet cheeks in March!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.