Wednesday, May 28, 2014

- Bigtime Binging -

Last post: May 4.

Today: May 28.

And what we've been up to in the last [almost entireeee] month?

Lots of things.

So today = some bigtime blog binging/barfing.

Get ready.

May 4:  Brian throws up some cabinets in the laundry room!

I thought this would be like a ten second project once the cabbies were delivered, but alas we're on week three of...hopefully three...and it's still a word in progress. [Measure measure, level level, nail nail...how hard can it be?? That damn perfectionism...gets me EVERY time!] We I originally wanted something like this or this or this or this: 
...but eventually settled for stacking the washer and dryer to maximize the space. More pics to come and a post dedicated enitrelyyy to my hot hubby's hard work when it's all finished and beautiful. Praw-mise. And yeah, I take screenshots of things on Pinterest instead of "pinning" them to look at later, so go ahead and judge me real good.

May 6:  Happy Nurse's Day to meeee! ...And also to the many wonderful nurses I've had the pleasure of learning from and working with!  And guess what? Our gift from Mercy was an inkpen.  Yeah, not even joking a little bit.  One nurse's husband brought in a huge box of Gus's Pretzels for us and just like that he immediately topped the hospital's [meeeen-imal and mega-disappointing] appreciation efforts. :/  But who needs a big generous heartfelt "WE [don't] APPRECIATE YOU!" gift from Mercy anyway when we are literally just swimming in bodily fluids of every type and function?  Good geez, nursing da bomb.

We diiiid get a little KSDK feature about our labor and delivery/NICU departments during nurse's week! Thumbs up, friends! Proud of our L&D department and love my awesome co-workers! Check us out!  Oh, and back to those Mercy PENZ FOR THE WIN [just can't get over it]:

A little 4am photobooth action: 

Enough about nursing. Seriously, enough. I've been trying lately to NOT thing about my job when I'm not at my job soooooo...

May 10-ish:  Read alllll about my plant parching fancy right hur.


May 17:  Can we just talk about child sexual abuse for one hot second? Sidenote/back-story: Brian and I signed up to work the margarita tent at our church's huge fundraiser/carnival/festival, and [low and behold] one of the requirements to volunteer in the Church these days is to take a class called Protecting God's Children.  It used to just be mandatory for church personnel working directly with children, and I remember my mom taking it when I was younger.  But now...errbody.  Sad evolution but good idea, I think.  Anyway, I took the class one morning this month and was kinda just planning on daydreaming through it and maybe doodling on my booklet during the videos because: I ain't go' hurt no childrens and I'm NEVA go' be associatin' wit' no predators. But hooooooly wow. Is it just me, or is it jaw-droppingly shocking that 1 in 5 adult women were sexually abused as children and 1 in 8 adult men?!  Whatttt?  Those numbers are huge. And most of the abusers are adults who the children and parents already deeply trust and it's a s...l...o...w... g...a...m...e...  Slow and horrible and ohemgee, I hate it so much.  BUT! But...we can do something to help, and it all starts with being educated and then not being afraid to report suspicious behavior.  Helping the Church exude holiness is a serious and obligatory job for each of us, SO...two hours later and a million times less naive, I walked out of class being an officially certified "protector of God's children."  And since then, I've been mega-aware. [...Even to the point of calling out suspicious looking people who are probably actually not suspicious at all: "Brian! Protecting God's children, 2:00!" And he whisks around to whatever direction I call out and just shakes his head and laughs.] But for real, watch out sex abusers...I've got my eye on you!!!  More to come on this some other time, but I'll jump off my soapbox rightaboutnow.

Because...

May 24:  MARGARITA TENT.  The reason I got all caught up in the Protecting God's Children business anyway.  We love love love loveeeee our new church and were eager to sign up to help at its annual festival. St. Boniface's "Bonifest." Ha. Ha. Haaaaa. So cute.  But I'm kinda getting tired of rambling and typing my thoughts..... Yeah definitely. Just sit back and wait for a bigger better post on this coming soon.

May 26:  Annnnnd she made it!  Thumbs up to this grad!  Way to go, Chrissy-mon!!! :) 


May 26:  Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all military men and women!! :) My grandpa died four months before I was born, but his legacy of service to God, country, and family lives on through my mom and aunts and uncles and all of our awesome extended family!!  Thank you for all you were, Grandpa Beeler! Happy Memorial Day in heaven!


Ok, seriously, that's all for now. I can't even type two more words. 

Kbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.