Nothing screams, "Mother's Day Weekend!" like shopping for and planting all the annual flowers...
...painting the pantry [AKA cracking down on the honey-do list]...
...and carving out an abundant amount of time to celebrate all of the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and Godmothers that we are SO LUCKY to love!
All I "requested" for Mother's Day was that we get to Mass 25 minutes early to say the Rosary [led by parishioners during the month of May] and also that the kids get along well and there was no arguing all day when we got home. And...what what??! Whaddya know.......... We arrived to church halfway through the first decade [which I definitely consider a win] and the kids got along SO WELL all afternoon and evening and even put themselves to bed together in the top bunk without fussing/complaining/crying for someone to lay down with them! All I wanna know is: can it be Mother's Day again tomorrow?!?
...No, no, apparently it can't... Harper and I locked horns after school about her terrible listening skills on Monday evening and I found this lovely note on her dresser Tuesday morning after she left for school.
Sigh, motherhood. It's always a joy, isn't it? LOL.
All I know is God really broke the mold when creating the hearts of women. So CHEERS to the world's best nurturers, protectors, supporters and unconditional lovers -- AKA ALL THE MOTHERS! We are blessed by your love. <3












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.