This girl went back to preschool this week [Monday/Wednesday/Friday this year; such a big girl!], and for the first time in 3 full months my brain literally has 5.2 seconds of consecutive silence to think without being pounded with Scarlett's thoughts/questions/observations -- one after another!!! Juliette and I are currently just floundering in the silence over here and are already looking forward to carline this afternoon when we'll get to entertain more inquiries from this curious middle sister and hear every detail [and more!] about her day at school! ;) :)
**********
On the ramp as we were exiting the interstate:
Scarlett: "WHOAAAA MOM, be careful so you don't FLY 'da car into 'da trees!!!"
Me: ....
Overhead from the toilet:
"My God is so BIG, so 'trong [strong] and so mighty, 'dere's nuffing [nothing] my God can't do!"
*poop plop*
Randomly:
Scarlett: "Mom, do you like your husband?"
Me: "Yes....."
Scarlett: "Oh! Well 'den I should like my husband, too!"
Me: "Who do you think you'll marry?"
Scarlett: "DEFLY [definitely] Brian."
Me: .....
While driving home from church:
Scarlett: "Hawpa, when I grow up I am gonna have a baby, because babies are SO CUTE!"
Harper: "I'm not gonna have a baby. I'm just gonna have a dog."
After Juliette bit me with her brand new tooth while nursing:
Me: "OWW! Juliette, no no!"
Scarlett: "Mom, don't be scared! She's just a baby!"
While pulling up to our parish's summer carnival:
"Does 'dis church carnival have a rolla coasta [roller coaster]?"
After getting dropped off at home after her first night of VBS:
Me: "So what did you learn about tonight, Scarlett?!"
Scarlett: "We learned about..............God."
While driving past the pumpkin patch in the summer:
"Mom! We are driving past 'da punkin patch, but where is all 'da punkins?"
Randomly:
Scarlett: "When am-imals [animals] die, do you feel bad for them?"
Me: "Yes."
Scarlett: "Because I do!"
As I'm just starting to prepare dinner:
"Mom, do you think we should just say our prayers now so whoever is like SUPA [super] hungry can eat when 'da food is done and not have to waste more time to sit there and say TWO prayers?"
A few hours after a family conversation about the sacraments, and that Harper would be making her First Reconciliation in 2nd grade:
"Mom, I think Hawpa will have to tell 'da pweest [priest] 'dat she is ALWAYS bad at bedtime!"
After coming out of bed one evening while I was watching a documentary on Netflix:
Scarlett: "Mom, what is 'dis movie about?"
Me: "The two popes."
Scarlett: "What is a pope?"
Me: "The head of the Church."
Scarlett: "..........WHY does 'da Church have a head on it?!"
After threatening to take away the daily sticker from her reward chart:
Scarlett: "Well MOM, 'da sticka' chart is for CWEANING [cleaning], not for arguing!"
Harper: "Yeah, Scar, but God did not send us to earth to make bad choices, so you have to clean AND behave to earn all your stickers!"
Randomly:
"Did Gwanma Ann get married already?"
Running in from the garage with a Dum-Dum after a trip to Home Depot with Brian:
Scarlett: "MOM!!! I ate a hel-fee [healthy]...hel-fee...HEL-FEE sucka [sucker]. Because it had a strawberry on 'da wrappa!"
Me: .....


.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.