MOM OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE: I'm taking the bull by the horns today while the big kids are at school and the baby is sleeping to pen this *2 month* post! Nothing like turning 2 months old on Halloween... A big ole' Boo! to the cutest lil' ghost gal! :)
Gahhhhhh, Juliette...can we make time slow down a little A LOT?! This past month with you FLEW by way too quickly! And though I'll always have the moments we shared as a new family of five etched in my memory, I wouldn't complain even a teeny tiny bit if we could relive the newborn days over and over and over again! You are sweet, soft and snuggly as can be -- literally the sweetest soul I ever did see. Just the past couple weeks you've started smiling at us, and it is the most adorable thing ever! This morning was your 2 month well child visit with the pediatrician; you are 11 pounds [!!!] which is the 39th percentile -- AKA growing like a weed from your 6 pound, 6 ounce debut at birth. You screamed your head off for your vaccinations but recovered quickly and even flashed the nurse a half smile/smirk on our way out the door. You're still trying to pinpoint your "preferred" nickname but currently answer to J, Jules, JuJu, J-Dawg, Juli, Juliette-ski, and JT. We mostly saw your eyelids this month...
The day you turned 1 month old, Daddy, Harper and Scarlett left on the extended family vacation while you and I stayed home. I had a very long to-do list while the rest of the family was away, but we ended up napping together most mornings after we were up together all night and then snuggling/cuddling the rest of the day away just because I couldn't put you down! Rocking/snuggling/sleeping in the recliner together is definitely our happy place x2! And since Harper and Scarlett were gone and no one was here to fight me for baby time, the snuggles were allll mine!!!
Of COURSE, it goes without saying that the big girls missed you soooo much while they were gone; and I think you missed them, too [maybe?!]! There were lots of arguments when they returned home over whose turn it was to hold and feed you, but you never seemed to mind -- as long as someone was claiming you!
The pediatrician instructed us to push tummy time this month, but you usually had other plans for that... :)
You were baptized this month...
...right before we all embarked on a 2-week family quarantine! We are very thankful that you escaped COVID [even though Daddy and Harper were positive!].
You also celebrated your first Halloween with lots of festive fun!
[More posts to come on all of the above events!]
Here's to another month of watching you grow and celebrating new, fun milestones! You have completely filled all the gaps in our hearts and have made our family feel so perfect. We love you to the moon and barely even remember life without you, Juliette!!! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.