Wednesday, July 21, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXIII -

While feeling the baby kick/flip/roll:
"Is it doing gymnastics in there?  So NOW I'm starting to think this baby is a boy, because boys are wild.  It's probably about to get worn out!"

 

After watching me scream/batting at a spider coming down from the sky:
Harper:  "Mom!  DON'T. KILL. GOD'S. CREATURES!!!"
Scarlett:  "Yeah, if you kill God's cwea-shurs, a bug will DIE and 'dat would be wheely [really], wheely bad."



After passing a cemetery on the way to church:
Harper:  "Are there 100 people in Heaven and 165 people on land?"
Brian:  "4 billion people on land."
Harper:  "4 billion??!  Then I would say that's 100 + 100 + one million...  Right, Mommy?"


Randomly:
"Mommy, does God have His ears pierced?"


During bathtime after being at a friend's pool all day:
Harper:  "Sissy, you have to get your hair washed when we get out of the bath because it's full of chlorine!"
Scarlett: "What is coh-ween?"
Harper:  "Well it's stuff in the pool, because pool water gets in people's privates and then it comes back out and then the chlorine gets all the germs out."
Scarlett:  "Oh..."

 

 

 

While actively arching her back way out:
"You know what you should do so people know you have a baby?  Your should put your back like this so your tummy looks bigger and people think it's a baby!"

 

While assessing my sunburn:
"Mom, next time you should just put three coats of sunscreen on because you're never going to have a tan like me." 



Randomly [as I'm 28w pregnant]:
"I bet the baby is getting tired of being in there!" 


While watching me get out of the shower [at 29w pregnant]:
"MOM!  Your wrinkles [stretch marks] are getting huge!"


While driving home from Schnucks [at 30w pregnant]:
Harper:  "Anyway, are you allowed to drive a car when you're prag-nant?"
Me:  .....



After pulling up to the lake to go boating with Grammy and Papa:
Harper:  "Oh my goshhhhhh, look how big the sea is!"
Grammy Resa:  "Yes, isn't it nice?"
Harper:  "Yes. And I've got my binoculars and my camera AND my goggles, just in case I see a turtle or something..."

 

While driving down the interstate during the day:
Scarlett:  "Why does all 'dose cars have 'dere yites [lights] on?"
Harper:  "Well let me tell you one thing, girl:  it's because the sun is reflecting off their lights and making them look bright but they're not actually on.  And THEN when they turn into another lane they have to put their turn lights on so other people know where they're going."
Scarlett:  "Oh."


While dragging her into the last T-ball game:
Me:  "Did you not like T-ball too much this year?"
Harper:  "No...  But I did like hitting the ball!  And playing with the dirt, is all what I liked..."



After getting her ears pierced:
Me:  "Did it hurt?"
Harper:  "Yes!  Well it doesn't hurt THAT bad, it just feels like a red ant bit you."


While driving home after a thunderstorm:
"I was just wondering if you can climb a rainbow?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.