Saturday, July 3, 2021

- Out of the mouth of babes: VOL XXII -

After watching me scream/batting at a spider coming down from the sky:
Harper:  "Mom!  DON'T. KILL. GOD'S. CREATURES!!!"
Scarlett:  "Yeah, if you kill God's cwea-shurs, a bug will DIE and 'dat would be wheely [really], wheely bad."

 

While working outside:
"Daddy, your g'rage [garage] is wheeeeeely [really] junky.  Pob-ee [probably] you needa' cwean it up soon..."



One evening:
"Hmmmm, what should we watch on Nets-fwick [Netflix]?"

 

Five minutes after Brian walked out the door on his first day back to work since March 2020:
"I wonda [wonder] what Daddy will do when he has to go potty at work, be-cuh [because] I don't 'fink [think]'dere's a boy baf-room 'dere, so Daddy will pob-ee [probably] jus' have too poop in his unda-weah..."

 

At YMCA Tot Skate with the entire rink to herself:
"I guess e'rybody else is still sweepin' [sleeping]!"



On the way home from T-ball:
"If 'dere is monstas [monsters] unda' my bed, I will wun [run] into your bed-woom [bedroom] and cry because I am afwaid of monstas and I don't yike [like] 'dem."

 

After surviving a tornado watch with the babysitter:
"Katie had to wook [look] at her phone and said we had 'da go to 'da basement because 'dere was a tomato [tornado] coming!  But 'den 'da wain [rain] went away and we got to go up'tairs.  If 'dere is a-nudd-uh [another] tomato 'damorrow, what will we do?  Will it break 'da windows?"



At bedtime:
"I'm getting some wotion [lotion] on my hands so if I accidentally fall asweep my hands won't dry out. Is 'dat a good idea, Mommy?"


Randomly, excitedly:
Scarlett:  "Hey Daddy, GUESS WHAT?!?"
Brian:  "What?"
Scarlett:  "I wuv you!"
Brian:  "I love you too, buddy!"


To herself, while putting away pool rafts/noodles/toys on the way out of our friends' pool:
"We wheely [really] had a good day today!  Yep, it's been a good day!"

 



On the way home from church in a thunderstorm:
Scarlett:  "Mommy, have you eva' seen a wain-bow [rainbow] before?"
Harper:  "Yes Scarlett, she's seen HUNDREDS, she is a grown up!"
Scarlett: "Oh."


Shout/yelled at Schnucks after nearly hitting a woman with a cart [who she couldn't even see because she can't see over the cart's handle bars]:
"Mommy! Am I a wheely [really] wheely good driva' or what?"


As Harper was wiggling a loose tooth:
"Hawpie, don't eva' eva' EVA' be afwaid of 'da Toof Fairy, because I watched a show and 'da boy put his toof unda' 'da pillow very very carefully and 'den 'da Toof Fairy came and she was a WHEELY [really] nice fairy."



Randomly:
"Wait a minuteeee, I 'fink [think] boys don't use-a-wee [usually] have babies growing in 'dere tummies, is 'dat right Mommy?"


On the way to the neighbors' pool party:
Scarlett:  "You guys bedduh [better] not poop in 'da pool OR pee in 'da pool!"
Brian, Harper, me:  .....

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.